Some pictures of my catfish + movie

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Tuti
My cats species list: 22 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: The Netherlands

Some pictures of my catfish + movie

Post by Tuti »

Hi all,

In this topic I want to show you some of my cats.

Agamyxis pectinifrons:

Hemiloricaria sp. and Peckoltia sabaji:

Another Hemiloricaria sp.:

Otocinclus vittatus:

Peckoltia sabaji/L075:

Tatia perugiae:

At last, I made a movie of the L075 in action: http://www.xs4all.nl/~kevesnwl/MOV02906.MPG

Enjoy!
Catfishes
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Post by Richard B »

nice fish - thanks for taking the time to post the pictures
Warrior
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: Zoetermeer, The Netherlands

Post by Warrior »

Lookin' good Tuti...You're obviously much better at taking pics than I am...

Ruud :lol:
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Post by apistomaster »

Hi Tuti,
Very nice presentation. I have recently acquired a young pair of keyhole cichlids and they are trying to defend their spawning site from four L204 plecos very much like the interaction captured in your featurette. You have inpsired me to try the short video function of my new digicam. I have 20 Tatia perugiae that I hope to get a spawn from. Do you have any success with breeding them?
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
grokefish
My images: 3
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: The Vandart Aquarium South Wales
Interests: Life the universe and everything

Post by grokefish »

hooray someone is trying to breed something different!
Well done.
I have had some interesting interaction with my black jaguar catfish, I've got a few videos of it on my computer but my website is down so I can't post it yet. I have a tank which I set up specifically for breeding Tatia perugiae but am currently trying my luck with microglanis in it. I recent;y moved to a different area and here the water is most suitable for most south american fish, soft and Ph 6-6.5, within weeks of moving here my Uaru spawned, my Jags have been behaving in an unusual manner and my geophagus are digging pits, not to mention the tetras that are at it all the time, unfortunately the fry become natural live food for the catfish (et al) but hopefully will encourage the cats to get busy. I have set up a 8'x6'x3' pond to grow water fleas in, it's great you sweep the net through once and you have a mass the size of a golf ball in it chuck it in the tank and the water is cloudy with loverly yummys for the fish. Good luck with the oily cats.
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Post by apistomaster »

Hi grokefish,
Thanks for the encouragement. I need to begin to seriously begin introducing "rainy seaon" conditions to the oil catfish tank after a period of "benign neglect" I have put them through this summer.
I recently aquired 6- 2inch LDA010a Red Lizards that I have high future hopes for. They are quickly becoming one of my favorites. They have some growing to do.
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
Tuti
My cats species list: 22 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: The Netherlands

Post by Tuti »

apistomaster wrote:Hi Tuti,
Very nice presentation. I have recently acquired a young pair of keyhole c*****ds and they are trying to defend their spawning site from four L204 pl*cos very much like the interaction captured in your featurette. You have inpsired me to try the short video function of my new digicam. I have 20 Tatia perugiae that I hope to get a spawn from. Do you have any success with breeding them?
No I haven't bred them. I only have 2 tatia's, because it were the last two in the shop. Sometimes in future I'll try to breed them, but first I have to find them in shop :)
Catfishes
Marc van Arc
Expert
My articles: 20
My images: 61
My catfish: 9
Spotted: 35
Location 2: Eindhoven, The Netherlands

Post by Marc van Arc »

Tuti wrote:No I haven't bred them. I only have 2 tatia's, because it were the last two in the shop. Sometimes in future I'll try to breed them, but first I have to find them in shop :)
Tuti,
Nice pictures of your fish.
With regard to Tatia perugiae: ask your LFS if they get fishes from Ruinemans. If so, they can order them, because Ruinemans has T. perugiae on their current stocklist.
Mars
Location 1: Netherlands

Post by Mars »

Thanks Marc van Arc for giving the suggestion. Next time when I come to LFS I'll ask it. I like those catfishes very much, so I hope to get more :D

Edit: Actually I'm Tuti, not Mars. Mars is my girlfriends nickname on this forum ;)I forgot to log her out and login with my own username :roll:

Return to “Tank Talk”