Live food

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
FatCat
Location 1: Kansas USA
Interests: Fish, Wildlife, Computers, Music

Live food

Post by FatCat »

Does anyone have any recomendations or experience on raising there own live catfish food? Any experience or knowledge in this matter is desired, positive and or negative. Thanks
FatCat

Post by FatCat »

any types of worms or insect larve? anything along that line.
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

Depends on the cat!
some do like plain live Daphnia and cyclops, a lot go out of the way for live bloodworms, but there's many liking live guppies/goldfish etc.

And lately there was even someone who bought Vandellia's (Plectrochilus?). They'll need a big fish' gills to suck on.....

wich catfish are we talking about?
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
FatCat

Post by FatCat »

Actually im inquiring about the propigation of your own live food for catfish as im considering saving myself some money :lol: But my current catfish are a Ps. Siamensis , Sy. eupterus, and im giving it my all in tracking down a Chrysichthys Ornatus. Ive done some research in raising earthworms, and also have considered creating a small environment for mesquito larve as they will pretty much show up by themselves to be scouped out at will, with the excess to be frozen. Just wondering if anyone else has some input or experience in this matter.

Return to “Speak Easy”