Catching catfish

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
bnana
Location 1: Norway

Catching catfish

Post by bnana »

I'm thinking about going on a trip to the Amazon.
What is the best way of catching catfish, like corydoras? What equipment do you need to bring along? Heavy nets are out of the question since I like to travel light. Any suggestions? :?
eddiec
Location 1: Bonita Springs
Interests: fishing, go-pedding

Post by eddiec »

People like you make me so mad. Stop depleating the natural habitat of fish. Buy bred ones. Humans have done enough damage to the ecosystems. Breeding pairs of corydoras $10 and they are so easy to breed. What do you guys think. Sorry if i piss some people off but that is my opinion. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

With few exceptions, I don't keep any fish that aren't wild caught. Where do you think most catfish come from?

Bnana..Check out Shane's World Geography Articles http://www.planetcatfish.com/shanesworl ... /index.htm
Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Dave Rinaldo on 20 May 2003, 02:07, edited 2 times in total.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Freshwater fish are being depleted much faster by habitat destruction than by commercial collecting. I think eating less hamburgers might have more of an effect than not buying wild-caught fish.

Return to “Speak Easy”