FS-smaller por. Ken's premium foods offering mixed packages

Items for sale in the United States of America and Canada.
bsmith
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:1)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: St.Louis, MO

FS-smaller por. Ken's premium foods offering mixed packages

Post by bsmith »

Well its time again to create a new thread as I have just made an order from Ken.

It will be $5 for the first oz of the food then $4 per oz with 4oz orders for $13 shipped 1st class!!! This includes shipping and if you don't want a half pound that will go stale in 6 months then here is where it's at. I decided to make a change to shipping. There have been more problems with USPS messing up/loosing destroying some packages as of late so I think I should give an options for shipping. Normally I throw in shipping for free with orders that are of 4oz or more ($13 shipped 1st class). Since there have been issues what I am going to do from now on if the package hasn't arrived in 14 days from shipment date I will reship as long as the purchaser pays $3 for reshipping and $3 to help pay for the lost food of the original food order (on a 13$ order the total to reship will be $6. Now though I am going to give the option of priority shipping for $6 so the package can be tracked and also it will arrive faster. I will charge $3 to reship plus 30% of total food order if the food has not arrived within 14 days and you choose the free 1st class shipping, but if you choose the priority option I will reship for FREE if the package has not arrived within one week of shipping date!

WHEN YOU MAKE THE PAYMENT THROUGH PAYPAL PUT YOUR ORDER IN THE MESSAGE BOX SO I HAVE EASY ACCESS TO WHAT YOU ARE GETTING. IF YOU DON'T YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU MIGHT GET!!!

All orders will be shipped on the following Friday after payment is made.

Here are the beautiful offerings. ;)

FLAKES---------

Earthworm flake-My CRS LOVE this stuff and the protein really helps with speedy egg development
Spirulina flake- Shrimp LOVE this as well
Beef heart flake-My discus display magnificent colors since getting this.
Super Tropical Flake-A great everyday fish food (similar to Tetra color or the like) This is pretty much the improved version of the Regular Tropical Food flake which I no longer offer since I can provide this, an even more beneficial food at the same price!!! :)
Kens Premium Color Max Flakes
Earthworm sticks
Kens Premium Vegetable Sticks With Calcium

BITS/CRUMBLES AND GRANULES--------------

Soft and moist with Krill-Great conditioning food for bottom dwellers and mid swimmers a like. Lots of good stuff in these, best kept in the freezer or fridge if your not using a ton of it due to all of the beneficial goodness.
Tropical Green Granule 1.2mm-This is a pellet that is formulated with a unique proprietary blend of algae that lends to it's striking green coloration. It is a super healthy pro-biotic food that aids in digestion and overall wellness of your animals!
Super color crumble #2 -This stuff is really different than ANY food I have ever seen. It feels like fresh coffee grounds and smells like a wonderful mix of animal and plant proteins! This stuff is a game changer!

Just for a visual reference. This is one oz of beef heart flakes and one oz of earthworm flakes. Its ALLOT of food for $9 shipped!

So since I'm getting a lot of messages from people who are wanting food for specific animals I'm going to put together some different mixes so the consumer would just have to pinch from one bag instead of mixing, not having enough of a singular food because they mixed too much X flake into it whatever.

All of these mixes will be sold in 1 2 and 4 oz portions for $5.50/$9.50/$16 respectively.

Flakes

Shrimp Growth Mix-Will be a mix of earthworm/beef heart & spirulina flakes. Earthworm and beef heart are great sources of protein and the spriulina is fantastic vegetable matter with a good amount of Ca for good shell growth.

Shrimp/Snail Egg Production Mix-Will be a mix of Beef heart flakes, Earth Worm flakes and Egg Flakes. Beef heart and Earthworm are the sources of protein which is what egg production mainly relies on the Egg Flakes also has a great amount of protein and will keep them healthier and better looking during the trying process of reproduction.

Colormax+ Mix-Will be a mixture of Colormax, and Super Tropical Flakes. I see the best result in my discus when I feed an even ratio of Colormax and Super Tropical flake which contains plant proteins and omegas that are great for fish/shrimp/anything in the tank!

Sticks

Shrimp/Invert/Bottom Dweller Growth Stick Mix-Will contain Spirulina sticks, Veggie sticks w/Ca, and Earthe Worm Sticks. This is great for large shrimp tanks and also for any bottom feeders that like these foods. You could also snap the pieces in bits for smaller tanks/less shrimp or animals.

Breeding & Conditioning Stick Mix-Will contain Spirulina sticks, Color Crumble #2 and Tropical Green Granules. Spirulina is a good balance of properties, Sinking color pellets are full of good fiber to aid in digestion and the Super Color Pellets have nice amounts of protein and fat to help weather the storm.

Super Color Mix+-Will contain Color Crumble #2, Tropical Green Granules and Soft & Moist w/Krill. I feed this to my pleco breeding tank once a week since the other foods are more based on breeding and this evens it out a bit.

Please if you would like to discuss your own mix shoot me a PM!
Last edited by bsmith on 10 Feb 2012, 04:50, edited 5 times in total.
Taratron
I've donated: $40.00!
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona, USA
Location 2: Phoenix, AZ
Interests: Fish, herps, the Discworld novels, Invader Zim, and entomology

Re: FS-Smaller portions of Ken's premium foods!

Post by Taratron »

So two ounces of earthworm sticks is $9 shipped?
But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I will be unique in all the world..... You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
~Antoine de Saint-Exupery
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

Taratron wrote:So two ounces of earthworm sticks is $9 shipped?
You are correct. If you want some shoot me a pm and I'll get you my pp addy. :)
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

So since im getting a lot of messages from people who are wanting food for specific animals im going to put together some different mixes so the consumer would just have to pinch from one bag instead of mixing, not having enough of a singular food because they mixed too much X flake into it whatever.

All of these mixes will be sold in 1 2 and 4 oz portions for $5.50/$9.50/$16 respectively.

Flakes

Shrimp Growth Mix-Will be a mix of earthworm/beef heart & spirulina flakes. Earthworm and beef heart are great sources of protein and the spriulina is fantastic vegetable matter with a good amount of Ca for good shell growth.

Shrimp/Snail Egg Production Mix-Will be a mix of Beef heart and Earth Worm flakes with Colormax in as well. Beef heart and Earthworm are the sources of protein which is what egg production mainly relies on the Color max also has a great amount of fish protein and will also keep them healthier and better looking during the trying process of reproduction.

Colormax+ Mix-Will be a mixture of Colormax, and Tropical flakes. I see the best result in my discus when I feed an even ratio of Colormax and Tropical flake which contains plant proteins and omegas that are great for fish/shrimp/anything in the tank!

Sticks

Shrimp/Invert/Bottom Dweller Growth Stick Mix-Will contain Spirulina sticks, Veggie sticks w/Ca, and slow sinking growth pellets. This EAT for large shrimp tanks and also for any bottom feeders that like these foods.

Breeding & Conditioning Stick Mix-Will contain Spirulina sticks, Catfish pellets and Super Color Pellets. Spirulina is a good balance of properties, Catfish sticks has a great amount of fiber to help with digestive issues that could arise and the Super Color Pellets have nice amounts of protein and fat to help ether the storm. Super Color

Super Color Mix+-Will contain Sinking Color Bits, Super Color Pellets and Soft & Moist w/Krill. I feed this to my pleco breeding tank once a week since the other foods are more based on breeding and this evens it out a bit.

Please if you would like to discuss your own mix shoot me a PM!

[Mod edit: Fix broken color tags (shouldn't be "red" but red!) --Mats]
bsmith

Re: FS-smaller por. Ken's premium foods offering mixed packa

Post by bsmith »

I just had all my Veggie sticks and all but 2.5 oz's of the Spirulina stick purchased in a bulk order from Canada. I will be making another order in a bit. If anyone has some suggestions, im all ears. :-BD :)
Last edited by bsmith on 11 Jan 2012, 02:55, edited 1 time in total.
Kestrix
My cats species list: 7 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Oregon, USA

Post by Kestrix »

Some of the Freeze Dried and Egg products? Chopping up live earthworms is a bit... messy.
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

Kestrix wrote:Some of the Freeze Dried and Egg products? Chopping up live earthworms is a bit... messy.
Have you gotten your food yet?
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Post by apistomaster »

I am one of if not the first to tout the benefits of earth worm sticks for feeding the more carnivorous plecos and their fry.
I go through at least 10 pounds of earth worm sticks a year and I only keep 15 tanks of fish.
I use about 5 lbs of Spirulina sticks a year.
As a general guideline, I recommend feeding these foods at the daily rate of about 2% of the estimated weight of the fish. That is a better guideline than how much they can eat in so many minutes or only as much as the size of the fishes eye I have seen some authors recommend. I base it on established aquaculture guidelines. I only use these and some earth worm flakes of the types Kensfish distributes but they are the staple food in my fishes diet. I also go through 50 pounds of frozen blood worms annually and 4-10.58 oz tins of Tetra Color Granules annually.
I also ship in 2 pounds of live black worms each week which I split in half between a couple friends. Last but not least I use 2-15 oz cans of Utah brine Shrimp eggs a year.

Since I began using these foods for my plecos I have found that Discus also like earth worm sticks very much. Heckel Discus are different from wild Greens, S. aeqifasciata and Blue/Brown, S. haraldi in that Heckels eat more algae and even terrestrial plant matter than other wild Discus. I find that Heckel Discus love Spirulina sticks. I still make a little beef heart blend which is stored frozen. I include some earth worm flakes and freeze dried Blood worms in my beef heart blends. I add these last and gently fold them in by hand. They absorb quite a bit of blood and water which allows me to make the mix with less water as well as making the blend more nutritious. I have had some bad experiences with expensive Hypancistrus spp and Peckoltia compta which eat too much beef heart. It has led to some cases of bloating and death. Beef heart meat is apparently difficult for these catfish to digest but they love to eat it. just something to be aware of. Infrequent feeding of beef heart does not cause any problems.

It is helpful that stlpleco is making these great foods available in smaller portions than kensfish and aquaticeco makes available. Not everyone can afford to spend $66 for a 5 pound bag of earth worm sticks or have enough fish to warrant buying such large quantities. If you haven't tried these foods you are missing out on some of the most useful foods available. The manufacturer(BestFlakes), does not spend money on fancy packaging and expensive advertising and solely invests in the quality ingredients of the foods they make. Their primary market is the commercial food fish aquaculture industry and the many state Fish and Game fish hatcheries. These are very demanding customers and they are only persuaded by what is the best value for the cost and not any advertising campaign.
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
andywoolloo
I've donated: $100.00!
My aquaria list: 1 (i:1)
Location 2: Sanger, California

Post by andywoolloo »

so, stlpleco, are you Ken? From Kens fish food?
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

andywoolloo wrote:so, stlpleco, are you Ken? From Kens fish food?
Nope just Brandon from St.Louis! :)

I just found that there were a lot of people who didn't want to purchase a half pound of food so I thought I would try it out. After receiving pics of people fish going crazy for it and nice emails It makes it worth it.
andywoolloo
I've donated: $100.00!
Location 2: Sanger, California

Post by andywoolloo »

oh! :)) gotcha!

I was waiting on an order from Ken's so I was gonna hit you up with when! disregard I guess! :-p

My fish love Kens products. The betta crumble, the earthworm sticks, the 5 stick blend, I also order my NLS from Ken's.

:-BD

Aquatic eco also rocks for earthworm sticks!
Kestrix
My cats species list: 7 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Oregon, USA

Post by Kestrix »

Yep, I got them. I've some very happy fish and one slightly less disgruntled crayfish.

I might have to purchase more food from you now that I know who likes what.
apistomaster
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 1
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Clarkston, WA, USA
Location 2: Clarkston, WA, USA
Interests: Aquaculture and flyfishing

Post by apistomaster »

andywoolloo wrote:
Aquatic eco also rocks for earthworm sticks!
Both kensfish.com and aquatieco.com buy their foods from Bestflakes, the only manufacturer of these foods I know of.
The main differences are that aquatico.com uses more expensive packaging and charges about 10% more. I only filled my last 5 lbs of earth worm sticks from kensfish and it took way too long for my order to arrive. aquaticeco.com ships orders out promptly.
Knowing now how long an order from kensfish can take to arrive I will allow more time because in the volumes of food I buy, anything like 10% more in price is too much to pay.
Avid Trout fly fisherman. ·´¯`·...¸><)))º>
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

Still goin!!! I'll post up pics of the new stuff I just got. Can anyone say meat and stirrings wafers!?!?!?? Yummmmm.

Btw, I can't say this foog us the sole reason for my L183 fry but it's all I feed them!!!
Look at that poop trail, I think they like it!!! :D
bsmith

Re: FS-smaller por. Ken's premium foods Buy 3 oz get 1 oz fr

Post by bsmith »

Have a buy 3 oz get one free sale going on right now!!! So you would get 4 oz (of your choice, can get any combo of 8 .5oz portions all the way to 4 oz of one single food) of this awesome premium food shipped for $13!!!

Come on down!!!
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

Still selling 4oz for the price of three or 4oz of the BEST food I have ever used in my 15+ years in this hobby for only $13 shipped!!!

Just to put it in perspective, .42oz of Tetra Color flakes (similar to the Tropical flakes I have) sells for $3.99 at a Pet-co that is local to me. Not only is the Kens food I offer MUCH more nutritious and has less fillers/binders and absolutely NO PRESERVATIVES but its much cheaper too.

A 2oz portion of flake food is roughly HALF of a Ziploc sandwich baggie full!!!
Anthonyck
My cats species list: 21 (i:5, k:0)
Location 2: SE Michigan, USA

Post by Anthonyck »

I wish I would have seen this before ordering a half-lb each of earthworm, spirulina, and brine shrimp sticks last night.

Is it the consensus that I should break these down into smaller portions and store in the freezer? I am only feeding one tank.
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

100% yes. There are no preservatives in there to give them a crazy shelf life.
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

Okay so since the last time there were posts in this thread I reordered my foods and changed what I offer a bit. Luckily I was able to just paste my sale thread from another forum I made with all the correct foods.

So to blast off the new offerings in proper style I have come up with a very large discount on any orders that are 8oz or larger!

:d b-) :-BD \M/ :YMDAYDREAM: :-b

Any orders that are for 8oz which is normally $26 shipped between now and Thursday at noon (1-12-12) will be priced at ONLY $20 SHIPPED!!!

That's right, 8oz of Kens premium food for ONLY $20 SHIPPED!!!

If anyone wants MORE THAN 8oz I will happily figure out an even more advantageous discount!!!
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

Were back to normal pricing but it's still a heck of a deal!!!

Get some of the best foods available at great prices!

If you get this food and feed it to your animals and do not see an improvement in their coloration and condition, I welcome you to post up your experience here. But when you do I ask that you do the same and let everyone know how great this stuff really is!
excuzzzeme
My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 2: Clinton CT

Post by excuzzzeme »

Not trying to hijack your thread. Just wanted to say that I have been buying from Ken's for several years and I find my fish to be happy campers with the food. I have a an Oscar that is a very fussy eater and as soon as I switched to Ken's he latched onto the food without hesitation. He also seems to be "less hungry" and eats half of what he used to want in other brands. All my Plecos and cories gobble it down as soon as it hits the bottom! My BN's don't seem to like omega1 and attack Kens with gusto.
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

excuzzzeme wrote:Not trying to hijack your thread. Just wanted to say that I have been buying from Ken's for several years and I find my fish to be happy campers with the food. I have a an Oscar that is a very fussy eater and as soon as I switched to Ken's he latched onto the food without hesitation. He also seems to be "less hungry" and eats half of what he used to want in other brands. All my Plecos and cories gobble it down as soon as it hits the bottom! My BN's don't seem to like omega1 and attack Kens with gusto.
No problem at all. I appreciate user comments. Unfortunatly PC is a pretty specialized forum and therefore less frequented than other sites I offer it on. On those sites with mush higher membership people are always posting up their enthusiastic stories that are similar to yours.

Im sure your Oscar seeming less hungry/eating is because these foods use less filler material and because if this, get what they need nutritionally from less of the food.

It's the best I have ever used and I hope everyone can try it out atlrleast once. That's why I offer it in these smaller portions. You try a few from me and if warranted get the larger portions from ken after you have found what works best.
har_eh
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:2)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Location 2: Antwerp, Belgium

Post by har_eh »

To bad this is not available over here, would like to try it.
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

I have no problem shipping you some foods if you want some. I just got done shipping quite a lot of RO water filtration equipment to a buddy in the Netherlands and he just got done shipping me 10L of Tropica TPN+.

I'm sure INTL shipping (6-10 days) wouldn't be more than $20 and I could probably send you enough food to last a couple of years. As long as you dont have 40 tanks full of fish. :)
jsalas623
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)

Post by jsalas623 »

Got any Meat & Spirulina Wafers? My BN really love those!!
jsalas623

Post by jsalas623 »

My petricolas love that stuff too!!
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

jsalas623 wrote:Got any Meat & Spirulina Wafers? My BN really love those!!

Unfortunately I'm not Offering that food any longer. I thought it would be a hit but I think the name put people off. MEAT & spirulina wafers. When I first saw it I though of hamberger mixed with spirulina, gross. But when I actually read the info it was a no brainer.

I keep/breed L183 starlight bristle nose (not sure if their diet is different than your BNP's) but I feed mine a mix of about 40% spirulina sticks 40% veggie sticks and 20% worm sticks and in the morning do a decent pinch of my special flake blend that I crushed up pretty well (it's nuts, within 5 minutes of putting the flakes in all the plecs are out vacuuming the tank!).

I'm sure I could put together a pack for you, all I'd need to know us what fish you want to feed. ;)
jsalas623

Post by jsalas623 »

Darn X_X K sounds good I just might do that! I bought a 1/2 pd about a month ago so once thats done ill have an order for u!
bsmith

Post by bsmith »

What did you get from Ken? thats the beauty of what I do, you dont need to order the minimum 1/2lb from him only to find out your animals dont like it. That's why I keep ~20 types of foods so for $13 someone can get a variety of foods and order from Ken in bulk whatever they find works the best. ;)
jsalas623

Post by jsalas623 »

bsmith wrote:What did you get from Ken? thats the beauty of what I do, you dont need to order the minimum 1/2lb from him only to find out your animals dont like it. That's why I keep ~20 types of foods so for $13 someone can get a variety of foods and order from Ken in bulk whatever they find works the best. ;)

I just got the Meat & Spirulina Wafers. But I bought it from a friend who breeds Multipunctatus and BNP. He swears by this stuff and he wouldnt feed his fish anything else. He gives them lots of protein which he says helps them grow faster plus I think vegetable flake also. He sold me a bag of 1/2 pd Meat & Spirulina wafers for $6 so I was like hmmmm ill give it a try. Turns out my fish love the stuff. So ill be buying more of a variety that way theyll have a mix in their diets.

Return to “For Sale (USA & Canada)”