Eheim Wet/Dry filters

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
PhilipAsh
Location 1: Nottingham, UK

Eheim Wet/Dry filters

Post by PhilipAsh »

Can anyone give me their opinion and feedback on these range of filters?
Either the normal or Thermo version would be useful !

Many thanks,

Phil.
doctorzeb
My images: 8
My catfish: 2
Spotted: 5
Location 1: Southwest Scotland
Interests: A healthy obsession with Zebras and some overkeen enthusiasm for doing up an old derilict house!

Post by doctorzeb »

Hey Phil

I have a ehiem breather pro on my 4 foot tank. The water quality is excellent, but it is certainly a filter for the fish and not the fishkeeper. Due to the wet dry aspect, there is little CO2 in the water so plants don't do too well. Also due to the rythmic flow, the plants seem to find it a bit difficult.

I doesn't give you crystal clear water due to the fact that it is all biological filtration, but it does the job well.

I have a fluval 4 plus in my tank as well to polish the water with filter floss.

You can swith off the breather by removing the float and plugging the air tube, but I would imagine this would not do the motor too much good.

Overall I would say it was a good filter, not too high maintenance, but the efe substrate is very expensive. it will cost £50 to fill the pro, but it can be rinsed and reused.

good luck

rob
My wife made the mistake of buying me a 2 ft tank and it grew to 7ft.
STINGRAY
Location 1: WEST MIDS
Interests: CATFISH AND RAYS

Post by STINGRAY »

I believe they are now obsolete. The pro 2 models have replaced them. If you can get a second hand 1 check it has been looked after as servicing is expensive and heating elements don't like hard water.
PhilipAsh
Location 1: Nottingham, UK

Post by PhilipAsh »

They are still available new in the shops.

However, i purchased a Pro II 2028 today. :)

Many thanks

Phil.

Return to “Tank Talk”