L059 plecos

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
mpfsr
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: ohio

L059 plecos

Post by mpfsr »

I have got some L183 plecos and the guy who is sending them also included some L059 plecos as he didn't ship them very fast. They are free bees but i wasn't expecting them so was wondering what would be a good set up for the little ones. What should I put in there tank? Wood, sand, rocks? I know they like there veggies so feeding wont be a problem as I have lots of other Bn with similar diets. but not sure of what set up to use for them..Also would like to know if they would breed with other types of Bn plecos, As I have them in every tank in my house now and only have 1 tank ready for the L183 but not the L059. So ill have to figure out if I can put them with my commons later on or alone. Thx for any help with these as they will be here today so I have little time to read up on them as I try to do with any fish I get.
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: L059 plecos

Post by MatsP »

Similar to L059.

And there is a possibility that they will cross breed, so I would remove any other Ancistrus from their tank...

--
Mats
mpfsr
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: ohio

Re: L059 plecos

Post by mpfsr »

Cheers!!! there all here and made it safly. Looks like 6-1cm L059 and the 5 L183-4cm. So for now there all going in the set up for the L183's but I'll pull them out when they get to about 1" if they make it to that size.

Thx for the info Mats. They will have there own tank..

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”