Cuckoo syno growth rate

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Africa.
bigamefish
My images: 5
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: birtle mb
Location 2: manitoba canada
Interests: anything catfish!!!! also in the summer i am a full time sport fisherman and winter is downhill skiing and icefishing

Cuckoo syno growth rate

Post by bigamefish »

Hello everybody I am new to the forum so if I do anything wrong that's prob why! Anyway
I have a cute little cuckoo cat and I was curious about growth rate he is 100 days old and about 1.5 inches long so if anybody could help me that would be great!
"Fishing provides that connection with the whole living world. It gives you the opportunity of being totally immersed, turning back into yourself in a good way. A form of meditation, some form of communion with levels of yourself that are deeper than the ordinary self."

Ted Hughes
tomr
My cats species list: 43 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 5 (i:0, p:67)
Location 1: hamburg,NY
Location 2: hamburg, ny
Interests: L333, L66,All synos.L10a, LDA 31

Re: Cuckoo syno growth rate

Post by tomr »

i dont have specifics, but in my experience they grow alot faster than other synos.
All Synos., L10a.plecos, all cats
bigamefish
Interests: anything catfish!!!! also in the summer i am a full time sport fisherman and winter is downhill skiing and icefishing

Post by bigamefish »

tomr wrote:i dont have specifics, but in my experience they grow alot faster than other synos.
ok thanks he is a cute little guy and i cant wait for him to get big
"Fishing provides that connection with the whole living world. It gives you the opportunity of being totally immersed, turning back into yourself in a good way. A form of meditation, some form of communion with levels of yourself that are deeper than the ordinary self."

Ted Hughes
Sandee
I've donated: $35.00!
Location 1: NJ
Interests: Car, Cats and Fish ... oh Cat fish!

Post by Sandee »

Pictures please!

I have 2 little guys that are only about a month old, still at 1/2" ... :)
Sandee / NJ
Cars, Cats, Computers and Fish (lots of fish!) ...
www.sandeeland.com/FishCam - lights on noon, off around 9pm eastern.
bigamefish

Post by bigamefish »

Ok I could try and get a nice pic of him for u

Ted Hughes
unblinded
My cats species list: 12 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My Wishlist: 1
Location 1: Hooks, Texas
Location 2: United States

Post by unblinded »

It depends on several things. Water temperature, feeding and water quality have a lot to do with growth rate. My first batch of cuckoos grew very quickly to about 2 inches within 3 months & within a year they were about 4.5 inches. At that time I did twice weekly water changes & fed heavily. I've got several younger synos that have grown about half as fast because I don't feed as heavily as I used to and my temperature is lower than it used to be. I have given a friend of mine several over the years & they grow extremely fast. Within 3 months they are about 2.5-3 inches. He has a heated fish room & feeds every day.
Catfish Addict Posing As Cichlid Enthusiast

Return to “African Catfishes”