Small L25 diet

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
ScarletGeek
Location 2: USA

Small L25 diet

Post by ScarletGeek »

Hi Pleco Fans,

I recently converted my 150 gallon into a Scarlet pleco tank. I received a few small Scarlets around 2.5-3 inches last week. The tank has a built-in wet/dry that's pretty big. The tank is loaded with Malaysian driftwood. I have tried feeding them a couple of algae wafers and sinking Hickari Gold pellets, which I don't think they ate. I tried a frozen spriulina brine shrimp and frozen blood worms. I have't actually seen them eat, but in the morning, the blood worms are gone. Not too sure about the brine shrimp, as I did see some the next day, but I don't know if they ate some of them. So needless to say I'm feeding them blood worms, but what else would they like? Anyway, I'm new to these guys so any advise on diet, setup etc. would be much appreciated. Thanks..
bigamefish
My images: 5
My cats species list: 9 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: birtle mb
Location 2: manitoba canada
Interests: anything catfish!!!! also in the summer i am a full time sport fisherman and winter is downhill skiing and icefishing

Re: Small L25 diet

Post by bigamefish »

I would try krill! All my plecos go crazy for it! Especialy my Leporacanthicus triactis he is a carnivor like the pseudacanthicus species!
"Fishing provides that connection with the whole living world. It gives you the opportunity of being totally immersed, turning back into yourself in a good way. A form of meditation, some form of communion with levels of yourself that are deeper than the ordinary self."

Ted Hughes
prairiefire
My cats species list: 7 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Chestermere Lake Alberta

Post by prairiefire »

I feed all small to medium size carnivorous plecos with NLS thera+A grow size pellets, they suck em up like smarties.
FrankNL
My cats species list: 7 (i:1, k:0)
Location 2: Netherlands, Heemskerk

Post by FrankNL »

U should give them some time to get used to the new home. Artemia, chopped mussel should work pretty good. Also algea wafers or shrimp pellets are very good.

My 4 inch L25 was really shy in the beginning and I didn't saw him eat at all. Now he comes out a lot more and eats very well.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”