New uk member

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Jamesb
Location 2: Essex

New uk member

Post by Jamesb »

Hi all I am James not sure where I should put this as I can't find a new members section. I have been keeping fish now for about 8 months. I currently have one tank but this number will be going up at some point! It's a heavily planted180l juwel rio with injected co2. I don't have any plecs yet! But thats why I am here:). I have narrowed it down to 3 so far l046 l134 and l260. I have heard mixed reports on l046 being in community tanks. Some people say they do fine others say they struggle due to not competing for food. Is it that tank bred ones cope better or is it pure luck? I would like to get a plec for my community tank and thinking of starting up a second tank for a plec colony again I am not 100% on what but its currently between the 46 and 134. Any pointers and advice welcomed :) look forward to chatting to some more plec fans!
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Re: New uk member

Post by Richard B »

Welcome to PC

In my experience, most 'fancy' plecs will do better in a tank that is devoted to their needs first above tank mates

Zebras (l046) need warmer water & aren't at their best in a community set up.

If you want to start with a type of fancy plec then peckoltia compta would be better than the others you mention & if anything is far less expensive
Lou: Every young man's fantasy is to have a three-way.
Jacob: Yeah not with another fu**!ng guy!
Lou: It's still a three-way!

Hot Tub Time Machine: 2010
corybrummie2010
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Birmingham UK

Re: New uk member

Post by corybrummie2010 »

Hello and welcome to PlanetCatfish :-BD

Return to “Speak Easy”