Gender of L333

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
dan1984
My cats species list: 2 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Sydney

Gender of L333

Post by dan1984 »

Hi everyone,

I have done a lot of reading about identifying male and female L333s but I need some help with the fish in this pic.
My L333.jpg
I have been keeping a small colony of 5 L333 over the last 12 months. This fish is the largest of the group and has recently (in the last 3-4 months) taken to one of the caves and spends much of his time in there fanning.
I am new to L# cats but I have a lot of experience with bristlenose breeding so to me this seems to be a male behaviour. I think that this fish is a male, does anyone agree/disagree. Should I post anymore photos to help you decide - if so let me know from what angle.
Also, he is just on 8cm from the tip of his nose to the end of his tail so would I be correct in assuming that he is or is approaching maturity?

Thanks in advance,
Dan :-BD
bigbird
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Sydney, Australia
Location 2: Sydney, Australia
Interests: Ls, Fish, Aquatics, Viszlas and Family

Re: Gender of L333

Post by bigbird »

i tend to agree that he is a male cheers jk
I am not perfect, but I say as I see it. Smile and enjoy Life
dan1984

Post by dan1984 »

Thanks bigbird! I really hope he is a male.

Any more opinions will be greatly appreciated...and given that he is 8 cm from nose to end of tail, is it likely that he is mature?

Dan
dan1984

Post by dan1984 »

Is there anyone else who can help confirm this fish is male. Let me know if more photos will help and I will post them.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”