SFAS talk August 2, 2013 @ 7:00pm - at Fort Mason, SF

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Coriequest
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 5 (i:3)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:85)
Location 2: San Francisco
Interests: Animals, Corey's, CRS, planted tanks, horses, reading, psychology, human behavior

SFAS talk August 2, 2013 @ 7:00pm - at Fort Mason, SF

Post by Coriequest »

Catfish fans in the SF Bay Area can hear a presentation tonight at our monthly SFAS meeting followed by the club auction. All are welcome and there's lots of opportunities to eat before the meeting at Off the Grid in the parking lot.
August 2, 2013 @ 7:00pm - Rich Bireley
Fort Mason Center, Building C, Room C370

An Introduction to Catfish

A long-standing friend to SFAS, Rich Bireley will be speaking to us at the upcoming August meeting on the joys of keeping catfish. Rich will lightly touch on many different types popular in the hobby including Corydoras, Synodontis, Loricarids, and assorted big cats. He currently has a 2,000 square foot fish building holding about 120 tanks. Rich likes larger tanks and has several 240 gallon aquariums, including his newest - a 1,000 gallon plexiglas behemoth.

In addition to catfish, Rich keeps rainbows, livebearers, cichlids, and well, lots of fish. Rich lives on a ranch outside of Sacramento with his wife, daughter, dogs, horses, alpacas, honeybees, and other wildlife. A special debt of thanks to Rich for coming in on very short notice to present to us this talk, and we look forward to seeing you this Friday August 2 at Fort Mason.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”