**FREE Presentation -- Corydoras: Ian Fuller** - Presented b

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Seattle_Aquarist
Location 2: Seattle, WA

**FREE Presentation -- Corydoras: Ian Fuller** - Presented b

Post by Seattle_Aquarist »

**FREE Presentation -- Corydoras: Ian Fuller** - Presented by GSAS

We are absolutely thrilled to have Ian Fuller kick off the 2013-2014 season for the Greater Seattle Aquarium Society (GSAS). Ian comes to us from the UK, where he has been keeping Corydoras catfish for almost 40 years. To date, he has spawned over 130 species (including some only he had bred), written many articles, published four of the most recognized books on the species, and runs the successful website Corydoras World. He is also the current president of the Catfish Study Group. Ian will, of course, be speaking to GSAS on Corydoras catfish (specifically on how to breed them)!

The presentation will be Tuesday, September 10th, 2013 at 7:30PM. We have booked a larger hall on the Seattle Pacific University (SPU) campus for this meeting; Demaray Hall (building behind clock tower) Room 150. Take a look at the handy map on GSAS.org for the meeting location.

Doors will open about 6:30 PM for a 'social hour'; the meeting will start at about 7:30 PM

The lecture will be followed by a short auction

Open to the public, no entrance fee

Family friendly but no childcare provided
Free parking, accessible building
No furry or feathered pets
Go to GSAS.ORG http://www.gsas.org/ for more information and directions

daphnep
Location 2: Pacific Northwest!

Re: **FREE Presentation -- Corydoras: Ian Fuller** - Present

Post by daphnep »

Oh, my, Hell. Serendipitous. I live 90 minutes south of Seattle. If anyone here is going to attend, I would truly love to meet you. I am going to to. What a better way to jump in with both feet.

P.M. me, if you'd like.
tomr
My cats species list: 43 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 5 (i:0, p:67)
Location 1: hamburg,NY
Location 2: hamburg, ny
Interests: L333, L66,All synos.L10a, LDA 31

Post by tomr »

I have seen him speak in Erie Pa. last year or the year before. Its worth the drive. he is awesome.
All Synos., L10a.plecos, all cats
Seattle_Aquarist

Hi daphnep,

You are certainly welcome to attend! I would anticipate +/- 100 members and guests will be at the meeting. The speaker portion is usually done by 9:00PM so hopefully you can make it home at a semi-reasonable hour. If you have any questions just ask.

There is also a GSAS 'Members Only' meeting on Saturday Sept. 7th at 4:00PM. It will be a different talk than the one at our regular meeting on Tuesday evening. If you were looking for an excuse to join an awesome aquarium club maybe this is it!

-Roy
Supercorygirl
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
My BLogs: 3 (i:1, p:124)
Location 2: Devon, AB, Canada

Post by Supercorygirl »

I had the pleasure of hearing Ian speak in Edmonton, AB. Definately worth late hours and long drives. Very informative and funny. Very much a not to miss for Corydoras lovers.
No good fish goes anywhere without a porpoise. - Lewis Carroll
daphnep
Location 2: Pacific Northwest!

Post by daphnep »

Joining a club sounds wonderful, but I am in school right now and do not know if I would have the time to adequately contribute. I should check out the club's requirements!
Seattle_Aquarist

Hi Folks,

Just a reminder that our meeting with Ian Fuller, one of the top three experts on Corydoras, is tomorrow evening. The doors open at 6:30 and the meeting starts at 7:30. We are in a larger room on the SPU campus; Demaray Hall Room 150. There will be lots of parking because classes don't start until Sept. 30th. Oh yeah, don't forget that you might want to bring a couple of extra bucks for the raffle!

Return to “Speak Easy”