Average lifespan of spotted cories

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
pherfect
Location 1: University Place, Wa

Average lifespan of spotted cories

Post by pherfect »

Hi folks :) does anyone out there know what the average life span of spotted cory cats are? Thanks, Chris
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

I would really like to know what species your 'Spotted Cory's' are before attempting to answer your question. There are more than 250 Cory species if you include the C numbers and at least 60% of these are spotted. Do you have a picture, or is there a picture of your fish in the Cat-eLog.

Ian
Beersnob
Location 1: Royal Oak, Michigan
Interests: Drinking Beer, Brewing Beer, Drinking Mead, Mazing Mead, hiking, Backpacking, fishing, camping, and of cource Catfish!

Re: Average lifespan of spotted cories

Post by Beersnob »

pherfect wrote:Hi folks :) does anyone out there know what the average life span of spotted cory cats are? Thanks, Chris

Chris,

I read somewhere that the average Cory in captivity lives approximately 10 years barring poor tank conditions, correct temperature range, diseases, etc.. :shock:

I hope this helps and note this is an average Cory and there will be species-specific variance in the Corydoras Family.

Thanks,

Scott
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

There is mentioned in Derek Lanbourne's book 'Corydoras an Aquarist's Handbook' where a Cory has lived to thirty or more years.

Ian
michelle56
Location 1: Oklahoma
Interests: Loricariiadae because it has Plecostomus, Blue-Eyed Panaque, Twiggies, Ottos,Whiptails,Pretty Peckoltias

Post by michelle56 »

Coryman wrote:There is mentioned in Derek Lanbourne's book 'Corydoras an Aquarist's Handbook' where a Cory has lived to thirty or more years.

Ian
long-lived cory!! I also have spotted cories. some big catfish can live for 10-12 years.
I've tried to kill the pain,but only brought more(so much more) I lay dying, and I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal I'm dying,praying,bleeding,and screaming...Am I too lost to be saved? Am I too lost? My God my Tourniquet return to Salvation, My God my Tourniquet return to me Salvation.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”