Entertain Your Fishy Friends!

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
JamesFish
I've donated: $23.00!
Location 1: UK
Location 2: Kent
Interests: Fish, IT

Entertain Your Fishy Friends!

Post by JamesFish »

Now having read all over place and watched the arguments about bare vs full setup and somewhere in between here is just something to read. If its 100% conclusive I don't know.

http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20140916 ... ain-a-fish
NCE12940
I've donated: $20.00!
My cats species list: 7 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 6 (i:5)
Location 1: Midland
Location 2: Texas

Re: Entertain Your Fishy Friends!

Post by NCE12940 »

Makes sense to me. If an *enriched environment* produces better mammalian offspring there's no reason why it wouldn't also benefit fish. Very minor experiment - everybody's always saying don't tap on the tank, you'll scare the fish - I trained the Rainbowfish that tapping on the glass meant they were going to be fed. My male BN quickly learned what was going on and would appear from out of the plants or his cave so he could clean up everything the Rainbowfish missed.
Juiceyfish
My cats species list: 24 (i:0, k:0)
Location 2: Charlottetown

Re: Entertain Your Fishy Friends!

Post by Juiceyfish »

NCE12940 wrote:Makes sense to me. If an *enriched environment* produces better mammalian offspring there's no reason why it wouldn't also benefit fish. Very minor experiment - everybody's always saying don't tap on the tank, you'll scare the fish - I trained the Rainbowfish that tapping on the glass meant they were going to be fed. My male BN quickly learned what was going on and would appear from out of the plants or his cave so he could clean up everything the Rainbowfish missed.
nice!!!! Goes to show that not only a mammal have a working brain!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Speak Easy”