Three new species of Silurus from Vietnam

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Suckermouth
My images: 17
My cats species list: 22 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 6 (i:0, p:237)
Spotted: 14
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Washington, DC

Three new species of Silurus from Vietnam

Post by Suckermouth »

PDF link: http://www.vnua.edu.vn:85/tc_khktnn/Upl ... 288%29.pdf

Three Fish Species of The Genus Silurus Linnaeus, 1758, (Siluridae, Siluriformes) Newly Discovered in Northern Vietnam

Abstract
Catfish genus Silurus Linneaus, 1758 (family Siluridae, oder Siluriformes) in Vietnam has been identified with 2
speciese, i.e. S. asotus Linneaus, 1758 distributed in provinces in Northen Vietnam, Southern China and Northen
Laos and S. meridionalis Chen, 1977, distributed in Ky Cung river in Lang Son province, Southern China
(Guangdong, Guangxii, Sichuan & Hubei provinces). Three new species were discovered recently S. caobangensis
sp.n. collected from Bang river,Cao Bang province; S. langsonensis sp. n. collected fromKy Cung river, Lang Son
province in 2009-2010; and S. dakrongensis sp. n collected from Dakrong river, Quang Tri province in 2012-2013.
This article provided description of these new species with their scientific names,specific differences in the genus and establishment of identification keys to species.
- Milton Tan
Research Scientist @ Illinois Natural History Survey

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”