A tale of woe :(

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
grokefish
My images: 3
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: The Vandart Aquarium South Wales
Interests: Life the universe and everything

A tale of woe :(

Post by grokefish »

I just sold my last fishtank. I had been scaling back for about the last 4 years and I was down to only a 4ft(L)x2ft(W)x18"(H) tank with an FX 5 filter and minimum lighting.

Anyway the tank only contained Parancistrus Aurantiacus for about a year, maybe two, I lost count and they died so I thought, ah well that's the end of my 30 years of keeping catfish.
Anyway the guy came and picked everything up and took it home. He then contacted me to tell me that when he cleaned out the filter there were many baby fish in the filter that were recently dead :(

I am devastaed :-O

Just thought I would let you guys know what a div I am.
One more bucket of water and the farce is complete.
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2671)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: A tale of woe :(

Post by bekateen »

Sorry to hear that.

Peace to you,
Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
pleconut
I've donated: $35.00!
My cats species list: 35 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:4, p:154)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Bournemouth
Location 2: UK

Post by pleconut »

Obviously not a story like yours but I've a tank to breakdown this week as i need to pull in all my resources to concentrate on only one or two projects which means rehoming my 2 featherfin synodontis i raised from babies along with some other fish but hoping an opportunity for you will come up again.
Thanks Teresa
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

Hey Groke! It sucks and we have all been there. A lot of people here hope and pray you and/or your circumstances turn round. Please, don't despair. Furthermore, as much as we love fishkeeping, it is a small thing in the grand scheme of life. Hang in there, brother. Even if you don't keep fish, your experience-based advice can always help anyone with questions on here.

PS: You made me look this up :)
div
Actually originates from prison slang in the UK. A job often given to the lowest inmates was to put cardboard dividers into boxes. Someone given this job was a 'divider' or a 'div'. Now used as an insult to those who display stupidity.

I currently keep several hundred fish but over the years I've killed more than that. So that makes me a div too but I don't despair... perhaps because I am even a more primitive creature than what you consider yourself to be. I often think of a trilobite :D
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2671)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

Viktor Jarikov wrote:PS: You made me look this up :)
div
Actually originates from prison slang in the UK. A job often given to the lowest inmates was to put cardboard dividers into boxes. Someone given this job was a 'divider' or a 'div'. Now used as an insult to those who display stupidity.
Thank you Victor. I had no idea what a "div" was either, and was very tempted to look it up, but just hadn't gotten around to it. Thanks for doing the legwork. Oh, but don't let my kids know this, or I'll be called a div for the rest of my life.

Cheers, Eric
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
grokefish
My images: 3
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Spotted: 2
Location 1: The Vandart Aquarium South Wales
Interests: Life the universe and everything

Post by grokefish »

Thanks party people :)

I have just been too busy with my dogs atm. I had basically let the tank just run itself for unknown amount of time which I spose must have led to the demise of the parancistrus. I am going to see the the tank when the dude has finished setting it up, I'll see if he took any pictures of the dead baby fish, fingers crossed they were parancistrus, I can show him pics to see if he can identify (he's a discuss guy) if it turns out they were, I'll have to set up again and find some more parancistrus and try and replicate conditions. I can't let that go by without retrying.

nice definition of div Viktor :)
One more bucket of water and the farce is complete.
pleconut
I've donated: $35.00!
My cats species list: 35 (i:23, k:0)
My aquaria list: 7 (i:3)
My BLogs: 3 (i:4, p:154)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Bournemouth
Location 2: UK

Post by pleconut »

Good luck with it and we'll done for continuing.
Thanks Teresa
Viktor Jarikov
My images: 11
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 4
Location 1: Naples, FL
Location 2: USA

Post by Viktor Jarikov »

grokefish wrote:... if it turns out they were, I'll have to set up again and find some more parancistrus and try and replicate conditions. I can't let that go by without retrying.
Now you are talking!
Thebiggerthebetter
fish-story.com

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”