a drunk Pike?

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
MackIntheBox
Location 1: Dallas, TX

a drunk Pike?

Post by MackIntheBox »

I found this article today, what do you think happened to the Pike?

What would posess you to feed champagne to a pike?!?!
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes."
The Doctor (Robot, 1974/5)
TheSlackersLounge Home for Slackers ;)
SLAP, SLAP, SQUISH! (Penny-Arcade)
Yann
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 8
My images: 280
My cats species list: 81 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:3, p:90)
Spotted: 108
Location 1: Switzerland
Location 2: Switzerland
Interests: Catfish mainly form South America, Cichlids, Geckos, Horses WWII airplanes, Orchids

Post by Yann »

Hi!

Really strange story... really wonder if the pike made it...
What made the guy do that, well if they had made a alcohol sample of the divers, they might have found blood... no wait it is the otherway around... ;)
To our young mind, please be clever not try doing the same...
Cheers
Yann
Don't Give Up, Don't Ever Give Up!
stibolt
Location 1: Hamlet´s town, Denmark
Interests: Almost all catfishes, but mostly Panaque nigrolineatus

Post by stibolt »

Strange how many people seem to have left their brains at home. . It´s the same people who tries to feed cats with beer. . :nerd:
S. Allen
Location 1: Colorado Springs, USA
Interests: Fish: catfish, discus, stingrays. Alcohol: Vodka, Gin, Rum, Beer, Cider. Tobacco: cigars, pipe, hookah/shisha. Dogs, Literature, Music

Post by S. Allen »

I would think it'd probably kill the thing... not the liquor but the carbonation going over the gills probably really doesn't help... like breathing out of a newly emptied 2 liter bottle or something.
windgirl
Location 1: Canada
Interests: windsurfing, and water anything.

I did wonder ...

Post by windgirl »

Fish and beer ... My dog (a rottie/dane cross) loves beer and yes she does get drunk ... I've wondered what would happen poured a little beer in a bowl of water and ploped in one of my fish ... but heck I'm not going to play with that, I understand fish work different then us. I've also dumped a old beer (can't be the only one either) now and then in the cottage lake (which is a crater lake no rivers, stocked fish), I've always wondered if it effected any of those huge freaky bass.
30G - 4 common goldies (Neil Pryde, Jimmy Lewis and the twins) and 1 common pl*co (shark)
<O)>>< Building a web site with my other tanks and more info.
stibolt
Location 1: Hamlet´s town, Denmark
Interests: Almost all catfishes, but mostly Panaque nigrolineatus

Post by stibolt »

I don´t know about dogs. . but cats can die, if they drink alcohol. . I don´t know if fishes are able to digest alcohol. .
StiffMeister
Location 1: North of the Netherlands
Interests: duh....

Post by StiffMeister »

id say those guys who did this deserve to be punished... lets see if they are so tough when they are thrown in a tank with same rather large and very hungry sharks.
michelle56
Location 1: Oklahoma
Interests: Loricariiadae because it has Plecostomus, Blue-Eyed Panaque, Twiggies, Ottos,Whiptails,Pretty Peckoltias

Post by michelle56 »

poor guy. :( I hope its okay. :(
I've tried to kill the pain,but only brought more(so much more) I lay dying, and I'm pouring crimson regret and betrayal I'm dying,praying,bleeding,and screaming...Am I too lost to be saved? Am I too lost? My God my Tourniquet return to Salvation, My God my Tourniquet return to me Salvation.
Katman
My images: 51
Spotted: 21
Location 1: Fla. U,S.

Post by Katman »

Both alcohol and CO2 are used to anesthetize fish .I have always used vodka if I could not get
grain alcohol. and prefer to inject it.rather than try to go the slow method.

If they were able to catch the fish bare handed I would think the fish wasn't in the best of health
to start with. As far as useing champagne, the alcohol would not have time to have any effect
and I doubt the carbonation would have any lasting effect. I would say the alcohol had allready
had more effect on the guys who did it than it had on the fish.

Stupid is as stupid does.
StiffMeister
Location 1: North of the Netherlands
Interests: duh....

Post by StiffMeister »

but still... the idea of doing this ...
xander
My cats species list: 21 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 6 (i:0)
Location 1: MN USA

Post by xander »

It sounds like they caught it by hand. If so it was either already dead or becoming fishfood. The champange thing while not cool was just a joke. I don't see why they should be so punished for this. Of course the facts may prove different. Drunk ppl can do some dumb stuff. Famous last words "hold my beer and watch this!"
metallhd
Location 1: Edmonton Alberta Canada

Post by metallhd »

bang on, xander . . .
The toil of all that be helps not the primal fault
it rains into the sea, and still the sea is salt

Return to “Speak Easy”