Could I use these in my fishtank?

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Gazy
Location 1: Wales
Location 2: UK

Could I use these in my fishtank?

Post by Gazy »

So I was at a local garden centre and I saw these two items and my first thought was, "I wonder if these could go in my fish tank with my featherfin's?"

One is glass, the other is ceramic.

Would there be some preparation required before putting them into the tank?

Obviously I'd remove the stuff out of the glass one. Or could I plant some moss or something in there?

The ceramic ones are pretty big, but look like they would make a great cave/hideout .

See attachments.
Attachments
20240412_165442.jpg
20240412_172134.jpg
characinkid
I've donated: $27.00!
My cats species list: 10 (i:3, k:8)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
My BLogs: 3 (i:3, p:148)
My Wishlist: 5
Spotted: 10
Location 1: New England USA
Location 2: NH USA

Re: Could I use these in my fishtank?

Post by characinkid »

You should be able to use them both with no issues at all.
Glass is easy, just clean it well and make sure that it does not break in the tank!
The ceramic should be fine also. I use flowerpots in my tanks with no issues. I do soak them in water for a couple days before I put them in the tanks and have never had an issue.
Good luck.
Too Many Tanks... Too Many fish... not enough time!!!
Gazy
Location 1: Wales
Location 2: UK

Re: Could I use these in my fishtank?

Post by Gazy »

That's great to know! Thank you! 😊

Another question, the plants that are in the glass apple,are any of them suitable for use in the aquarium?

Just wondering if I could repurpose some of them some how?
characinkid wrote: 15 Apr 2024, 15:01 You should be able to use them both with no issues at all.
Glass is easy, just clean it well and make sure that it does not break in the tank!
The ceramic should be fine also. I use flowerpots in my tanks with no issues. I do soak them in water for a couple days before I put them in the tanks and have never had an issue.
Good luck.

Return to “Tank Talk”