pakistan loaches

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
lostris
Location 1: Malta

pakistan loaches

Post by lostris »

I bought two pakistan loaches abount 2 months ago. They r in a 12 gal tank, with 8 neons.Now one of them seems that he's not eating, for ex when i drop a piece of sinking tablets, the big one goes on it, and he wont let it go until he finish it.In fact the greedy one is getting big, while the other is still as he was.I tried droping in two pieces of tablets, but it doesnt work. And i'm afraid the neon leave nothing of the flakes, so skinny loach might not b eating anything.
magnum4
Location 1: UK wirral
Interests: all things aquatic.

Post by magnum4 »

If you are trying to feed a skinny fish up then the simplest method i have found is to. Use meaty foods muscle or prawn or high protein dry foods works well to. Put alot into the tank and let the fish fill themselves up, then when the bellies are full do a 30-50% water change straight afterwords, do this once a week until they dont show any signs of weight loss. This method is often used on baby clown loaches ect after import to get them back into full health, except they need two big meals per day minimum.
Crazie.Eddie
Location 1: Illinois

Post by Crazie.Eddie »

Try frozen bloodworms also. My loaches seem to just love them. I use a turkey baster to directly force the bloodworms to some loaches, who I think deserve to get fed first, because of the other dominant loaches.
lostris
Location 1: Malta

Post by lostris »

What do u use? turkey baster, and what is that?
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

A turkey baster is essentially a very large eye dropper.

Return to “Tank Talk”