Bamboo

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Steen
My cats species list: 7 (i:2, k:0)
Spotted: 6
Location 2: Denmark _ Copenhagen

Bamboo

Post by Steen »

Hi all..
I have just put an large piece of bamboo (60cm long, 10 cm acros) in my 720 l. tank as hideout for my clown-botias and a snack for the Panaque spp.
I just think about decomposing time/rotting/polution ect. how are bamboo compared to wood ??
thanks
Steen
My cat's: Hypancistrus sp.(L66), H.zebra, Panaque maccus, P.nigrolineatus, Peckoltia sp.(L205?), Synodontis euptera, Pseudacanthicus cf. leopardus
magnum4
Location 1: UK wirral
Interests: all things aquatic.

Post by magnum4 »

Cant answer about time frame but the only problem i have with bamboo is that sometimes it comes with a very explosive fungus attached that just will not quit.
If you are not experiencing any fungus, you do not have much to worry about.
Steen

Post by Steen »

Ok thanks
...I will not worry to much then. My only problem will be getting it to the bottom then, I didn't have a pot big enough to boil it completely, so it's still flowing around, guess I have to wait.. :)
My cat's: Hypancistrus sp.(L66), H.zebra, Panaque maccus, P.nigrolineatus, Peckoltia sp.(L205?), Synodontis euptera, Pseudacanthicus cf. leopardus
Tapio Martimo
Location 1: Finland, Vaasa

Post by Tapio Martimo »

Steen: From which kind of an shop did you purchase your piece of bamboo? Here in Finland, the selection is various gardening, aqurium etc stores for the bamboo is very limited.
Steen

Post by Steen »

Hi Tapio

I bought it in a local aquarium-store ( http://www.nybydiscus.dk/forsideny.htm if you read danish) and it is the first time I have seen it in the stores I normally visit, so not that common i denmark either. I paid 110 danisk crowns for 1 meter, not sure what it is in finish crowns. Hope you find some...

Return to “Tank Talk”