id pls

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
davie460
Location 1: scotland

id pls

Post by davie460 »

Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

As in the previous post, I do not think your fish is C. acrensis, the snout is to long it is nearer to C. leopardus

This is C. acrensis

http://www.corydoras.myby.co.uk/corydor ... is_htm.htm

Ian
Last edited by Coryman on 11 Jun 2004, 22:59, edited 1 time in total.
davie460

previous post

Post by davie460 »

Coryman wrote:As in the previous post, I do not think your fish is C. acrensis, the snout is to long it is nearer to C. leopardus

This is C. acrensis

http://www.corydoras.myby.co.uk/corydor ... m.htm Ian
hi one the pic is Corydoras leopardus and two and 3 C. acrensis ?ok here the pic http://uk.geocities.com/davie460/davie460.html thanks
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

Are telling us that one is C. leopardus and two are C. acrensis

In my opinion none of them are either species.

C. acrensis does not have a pointed snout as your pictures show, the description states that it is longer in the snout than C. trilineatus, which it closely resembles and when you see the comparison figures the difference is small. in acrensis the snout goes into the head length 2.1 times and in trilineatus it is 2.4 times

C. leopardus is more or less a spotted species.
[quote]Myers 1933,
"Upper two thirds of body, the opercle, cheeks, snout and top of head covered with a close mottling of small distinct , blackish spots."

I think your fish are C131 a variable species coming from the Rio Tapiche in Peru.

Ian
davie460

Post by davie460 »

Coryman wrote:Are telling us that one is C. leopardus and two are C. acrensis

In my opinion none of them are either species.

C. acrensis does not have a pointed snout as your pictures show, the description states that it is longer in the snout than C. trilineatus, which it closely resembles and when you see the comparison figures the difference is small. in acrensis the snout goes into the head length 2.1 times and in trilineatus it is 2.4 times

C. leopardus is more or less a spotted species.
Myers 1933,
"Upper two thirds of body, the opercle, cheeks, snout and top of head covered with a close mottling of small distinct , blackish spots."

I think your fish are C131 a variable species coming from the Rio Tapiche in Peru.

Ian
hi your right look like that to me to thanks for your help

Return to “What is my catfish?”