Introducing myself

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
Pardal
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: USA Florida
Location 2: Atlantic Beach
Interests: Discus, L-14, L-114, and corys

Introducing myself

Post by Pardal »

Good Evening
My name is Julian Pardal from USA Florida . I am 53 years old and a fish keeper all my life , mostly angels, discus and small cichlids . I have to confess I am a newbie when it comes to breeding catfish I kept them as a cleaning crew until now. I recently purchase 7 corys at first they look like Sterbai but the seller told me they weren't I took it any way for what I seeing here I think they are harold Schultzy as they seem to have a more enlogate snout. One think I haven't seen them take any of the food I drop for them , flake, pellets, blood worm etc. I do see them vacuum the sand like crazy.
Any ideas what to do to induce these guys to take commercial, They are wild from Brazil.
Sincerely
Julian
Pardal
My cats species list: 1 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: USA Florida
Location 2: Atlantic Beach
Interests: Discus, L-14, L-114, and corys

Re: Introducé my self

Post by Pardal »

I waiting for an L14 goldie next month from the same importer
Julian
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Introducing myself

Post by Jools »

Welcome to "Planet", Julian!

Jools
Richard B
I've donated: $20.00!
My articles: 9
My images: 11
My cats species list: 37 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:47)
Spotted: 10
Location 1: on the sofa, or maybe at work?
Location 2: Warwickshire: UK
Interests: Tanganyika Catfish, African catfish, Non-loricariid sucker-catfish.
Running, drinking, eating, sci-fi, stapelids

Post by Richard B »

Welcome to PC
Lou: Every young man's fantasy is to have a three-way.
Jacob: Yeah not with another fu**!ng guy!
Lou: It's still a three-way!

Hot Tub Time Machine: 2010
Marine590622
My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 5 (i:0, p:60)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Madison Wi, USA
Location 2: Madison WI, USA
Interests: Fishkeeping

Post by Marine590622 »

Pardal wrote:Good Evening
My name is Julian Pardal from USA Florida . I am 53 years old and a fish keeper all my life , mostly angels, discus and small cichlids . I have to confess I am a newbie when it comes to breeding catfish I kept them as a cleaning crew until now. I recently purchase 7 corys at first they look like Sterbai but the seller told me they weren't I took it any way for what I seeing here I think they are harold Schultzy as they seem to have a more enlogate snout. One think I haven't seen them take any of the food I drop for them , flake, pellets, blood worm etc. I do see them vacuum the sand like crazy.
Any ideas what to do to induce these guys to take commercial, They are wild from Brazil.
Sincerely
Julian
http://tedsfishroom.com/ I would recommend that you order some of Ted's Most Excellent Gel food. I am going to get my first jar of the food tomorrow, but I was one of those who was able to test the food in one of it's prior iterations. When you buy the large jar it comes out to over a dollar per ounce, but that is the dry weight you end up mixing two parts boiling water to one part dry and an ounce of this will go a lot further then an ounce of something else.

If you have never tried gel foods, I can only tell you that they sure make having a fish room a lot more fun. In my fishroom I feed about 90 % gel and the remainder is split between live food, and flake food for those finicky surface feeders who refuse to go to the bottom for the gel. In the meantime. Blackworms and live mosquito larva would be my suggestion until the gel food comes in.

Return to “Speak Easy”