Unable to Receive Notices From "webmaster@planetcatfish.com"

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
FerocactusLatispinus
My cats species list: 28 (i:14, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:24)
Spotted: 6
Location 2: Gresham, WI, USA
Interests: Obtaining and culturing cacti, collecting minerals, and, of course, maintaining an aquarium.

Unable to Receive Notices From "webmaster@planetcatfish.com"

Post by FerocactusLatispinus »

I've double-checked my User Control Panel preferences, and I have made sure the "Notify me upon replies by default" option is affirmed, and I've also checked my safe-senders list on my e-mail account, and "webmaster@planetcatfish.com" is on my safe-senders list.

It's worked in the past, but I haven't been receiving any notices for some time now. I realized I'd been accumulating unread replies when reviewing some of my posts on my account.

Any ideas as to this error??

Thank you!
Larry: "Why don't we get out of the restaurant business?"
Moe: (Approaches) "Why don't catfish have kittens?" (Leaves)
Larry: "I wonder..."

-"Playing the Ponies" (1937), The Three Stooges
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 946
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 448
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Unable to Receive Notices From "webmaster@planetcatfish.

Post by Jools »

Good point. A few weeks back, we moved to a new server for the usual increase of traffic over the northern hemisphere's winter months. That meant we got a new IP address and that address is tied in to the domain name planetcatfish.com. These so-called Sender Policy Framework (SPF) records allow domain owners to publish a list of IP addresses that are authorised to send email on their behalf. The goal is to reduce the amount of spam and fraud by making it much harder for malicious senders to disguise their identity. However, if I don't keep it up to date than some of the more zealous ISPs [at the recipients end] will filter out emails before then even reach you.

The short reply is it should now be fixed but only as of last night, which is why I waited a while to reply on this thread. Did you get a notification email today?

Cheers,

Jools
FerocactusLatispinus
Interests: Obtaining and culturing cacti, collecting minerals, and, of course, maintaining an aquarium.

I'd be lying if I said I understood all that, but thanks for letting me know! :))

I hadn't received any notifications today, but it's all right. It's good for me to frequent the Cat-eLog to study up while occasionally checking my posts! :d

Thanks again!

- Kaegen

Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 946
My catfish: 237
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 448
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

I know, I do like a bit of technobabble. It does serve the purpose of reminding me what I did when issues re-occur often years after the first reporting of them.

Anyway, I'd hope you will start getting emails soon. It's an issue for many users depending on their ISP and email provider, so it is really worth fixing.

Jools
FerocactusLatispinus

Thank you!

From other members on the forum, I just found out that Scooter, my Bristlenose, is really a female! The first responder attested to one of her females having infraspecific aggression; also, taking some closer pictures, I realized the median ridge up Scooter's head is denticulated, and only the tip of the snout is smooth. I guess that explains why a 3" Bristlenose isn't getting its "bristles". :d

-Kaegen

NCE12940
I've donated: $20.00!
My cats species list: 7 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 6 (i:5)
Location 1: Midland
Location 2: Texas

Post by NCE12940 »

Interestingly, even though Jane Doe occasionally chases Emmylou, she doesn't do any damage. Emmylou's torn fins are a result of the male (Paz) going after her. It would appear that *courtship* can be a bit rough at times :-p He probably hasn't done any damage to Jane Doe because she's easily as big as he is.
FerocactusLatispinus

I've only seen a couple male Bristlenoses in person that had their bristles, and they were both under 3". Is Paz full size? I must imagine his bristles are pretty impresssive! I think the coolest Bristlenose to have would be an Ancistrus dolichopterus!

Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

There is a bifurcation in this thread three posts back. I am therefore locking this thread because there is a very real danger of it going completely off on a tangent.
Please start a new thread in the appropriate forum if you want to dicuss the gender of your Ancistrus.

Return to “All Resolved Issues”