Confirmation request on ick on L200

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
RZwanenburg
Location 1: Netherlands
Location 2: West

Confirmation request on ick on L200

Post by RZwanenburg »

Hi guys, I bought 3 L200's 2 days ago and I'm thinking that they have ick. Since the spots look more yellowish instead of white I just can't get it confirmed for myself.

Since I just started the hobby I'm hoping any of the more experienced aquarists can help me out on diagnosing the problem.

I hope the pictures are sharp enough..
Attachments
IMG_20170401_181400.jpg
Jools
Expert
My articles: 198
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: Confirmation request on ick on L200

Post by Jools »

Yes,that is a very ill fish. Aside from the ich, it is starved.

Jools
RZwanenburg

Post by RZwanenburg »

I'm on second day treating with a immunity boost, will order myself an ich cure. Let's hope I can get the cure in time..

For now: Do you recommend me to feed extra? I have cooked cucumber available and frozen blend of spinache, broccoli, cauliflower?
Jobro
My cats species list: 12 (i:7, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Germany
Location 2: Allgäu

Post by Jobro »

Yes, feed plenty, keep the lights low or off for most of the day. they will feel safer and might start eating then.
More carnivorous foods are often accepted better. Like frozen brine shrimp/artemia.
Remove uneaten foods after 12hours. Especially if it is a very new tank/setup.

If it is possible I would recommend to not wait for shipping but rather go into a local shop and get some ick cure there.
Not sure if they can hold on a lot longer.

Best luck to you and the fish.
follow my Plecos on Instagram: welsgefluester
RZwanenburg

Post by RZwanenburg »

For the people who are interested, a little update:
I've been treating this tank with "Easy Life - Voogle" for best effort the past 2 days. Since about 2 hours all 3 L200's gotten alot more active. They used to stay under the driftwood in the dark and now they are actively swimming around and seem to be more social, even with the panda cory's.

I just turned off the lights as 'Jobro' recommended. I just added some more of my homemade food which consists of: spinache, brocolli, cauliflower, and pangasius filet. I've seen them all eating, so I hope I'm not to late. Will make a trip to the local fish store tomorrow, first thing in the morning.
RZwanenburg

Post by RZwanenburg »

This morning I did another dosage of "Easy Life - Voogle", again for best effort. Went to the LFS and got myself some "eSHa EXIT". This product is listed as a medicine for multiple variaties of ick. I haven't lost any fish yet, so let's hope that won't change.
RZwanenburg

Post by RZwanenburg »

This morning I noticed one of my L200 died during the night. It seems that both other L200's survived the ick, I haven't noticed any of my panda corydora's being affected either. I'll keep on dosing eSHa EXIT for the rest of the weekend and hope it will all be over next week.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Loricariidae - Plecos et al)”