has the homepage crashed?

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
sidguppy
My articles: 1
My images: 29
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Southern Netherlands near Belgium
Location 2: Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Interests: African catfishes and oddballs, Madagascar cichlids; stoner doom and heavy rock; old school choppers and riding them, fantasy novels, travelling and diving in the tropics and all things nature.

has the homepage crashed?

Post by sidguppy »

when surfing to www.planetcatfish.com I saw this:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function get_onmouseover() in /home/webcat/planetcatfish.com/common/functions/latest_species.php on line 28
i had to use google, type "planetcatfish forum" to go here.....

maybe I'm a bit of a captain Obvious now, but it's quite hard reaching PC these days
for weeks we run into Cloudflare and things like that, now this

the site might be faster, but what use is a fast site that's down or unreachable unless by trickery, when compared to a slow site that actually CAN be reached?
Valar Morghulis
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Re: has the homepage crashed?

Post by Jools »

The error message above was introduced by a change I made yesterday, which is quite a large change but doesn't have a big operational change to the site apart from all fishes being shown facing right. I will be looking into it as the update didn't go as smoothly as planned. The error message only sometimes happens when accessing the main/front page. Any other occurrences of. This message I would like to know about.

This has got nothing to do with the pilot of cloudflare. As annouced in that topic, cloudflare was switched off over a week ago.

Jools
sidguppy
My articles: 1
My images: 29
My aquaria list: 5 (i:0)
Spotted: 9
Location 1: Southern Netherlands near Belgium
Location 2: Noord Brabant, Netherlands
Interests: African catfishes and oddballs, Madagascar cichlids; stoner doom and heavy rock; old school choppers and riding them, fantasy novels, travelling and diving in the tropics and all things nature.

Re: has the homepage crashed?

Post by sidguppy »

okidoki.

I'll keep an eye open for more oddities of the non-Cloudflare kind

;)
Valar Morghulis

Return to “All Resolved Issues”