have money....need fish

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Zack
Location 1: Kodiak Alaska
Interests: fish,outdoors,powersports=mx,pre running,etc etc

have money....need fish

Post by Zack »

I've had my 55 gallon tank up and running for about a month now with no problems and im thinking its time to add some more fish and plants. So far is has
1 banjo
1 chocolate raphael
1 small gibby
4 black neon tetras
2 arched cories

I'm looking to add a large group of smaller fish that will school tightly and since im going south american tetras seem to be the most obvious choice,i've had neons and am pleased with the color,activity,and schooling behaviors but neons are a dime a dozen and i'd like something different. What would you recommend as a substitute? I'll obviously need some plecos,smaller ones ofcourse,and I think a black and white pattern will look great with the gravle and wood i've picked out,recommendations there? And i'll ofcourse need some other catfish preferrably not cories or doradids.

I know i've asked about the settup of this tank atleast three or four times but i finaly have some money now and the tank is finaly stable and the water quality is good. Thanks guys/gals.
55 gallon
11 pygmy cories
8 neon tetras
1 banjo
4 black neons
4 otos

Return to “Tank Talk”