waffers?

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
dokjones
Location 1: fayetteville, nc

waffers?

Post by dokjones »

I have a african cichlid tank with 3 catfish and 2 botias. 2 are stripped rapheals and the other is a SYNODONTIS MULTIPUNCTATUS. I just wanted to know if thoughs waffers for bottom feeders are worth it. I think the cats are plenty happy, my tank is 125g and i have 20 africans. So there is plenty of waste for them to eat. so should i buy the waffers??
pleco_breeder
My articles: 2
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona
Interests: breeding plecos and corys

Re: waffers?

Post by pleco_breeder »

dokjones wrote:So there is plenty of waste for them to eat.
WHAT?!!!

I hope you're talking about extra food reaching the bottom. These fish should be fine with the same diet the africans are getting if there is enough getting past them. However, the wafers usually sink faster and can insure that they are eating better. Catfish do not eat "waste".

Larry Vires
Impossible only means that somebody hasn't done it correctly yet.
dokjones

Post by dokjones »

Yes I am aware they dont eat "waste" but food my africans dont eat I consider waste. the only thing is my baby cichlids do eat off the bottom because they are young. so Ill try the waffers since the cats dont really come out much during daylight hours.
Dale90g
Location 1: Erie, PA USA

Post by Dale90g »

You may want to feed the catfish the wafers (or other foods) after you turn off the lights. They'll have a better chance of getting a good meal.
Dale Davison
JdubsVW
Location 1: Lancaster,PA

Post by JdubsVW »

Dale90g wrote:You may want to feed the catfish the wafers (or other foods) after you turn off the lights. They'll have a better chance of getting a good meal.
Agreed
Proud Member Aquarium Club of Lancaster County
dokjones

Post by dokjones »

Thank you very much I will do that.

Return to “Tank Talk”