New Glyptothorax

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

New Glyptothorax

Post by Silurus »

Singh, P, B R Chowdhury, S D Gurumayum & L Kosygin, 2023. Glyptothorax heokheei, a new species of catfish (Teleostei: Sisoridae) from the Brahmaputra River drainage, Arunachal Pradesh, Northeast India. Zootaxa 5383.75–82.

Abstract

Glyptothorax heokheei, a new species of sisorid catfish is described from the Brahmaputra River drainage in India. It can be distinguished from all congeners, except G. dikrongensis, G. indicus, G. rugimentum and G. obliquimaculatus, in having the unculiferous striae of thoracic adhesive apparatus extending anteriorly onto gular region. Glyptothorax heokheei is distinguished from G. dikrongensis and G. obliquimaculatus in having a slender body at the anus, more serrations on posterior margin of pectoral-fin spine, greater number of branched anal fin rays, and the extremity of dorsoposterior margin of adipose fin uniformly convex (vs. sharply angular). It differs from G. rugimentum in having a chevron-shaped (vs. rhomboidal) thoracic adhesive apparatus, more serrations on posterior margin of pectoral-fin spine, and lacking vertical bars on body. Glyptothorax heokheei differs from G. indicus in having a shorter post-adipose distance, smaller interorbital width, more serrations on posterior margin of pectoral-fin spine and nasal barbel not reaching (vs. reaching) anterior margin of eye. Glyptothorax heokheei is the fifth species of the genus possessing unculiferous ridges of thoracic adhesive apparatus extending anteriorly onto the gular region.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Re: New Glyptothorax

Post by Silurus »

The guy the fish is named after seems familiar. I might have met him before: https://biotopeaquariumproject.com/bap- ... ok-hee-ng/
bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 4
My images: 130
My cats species list: 142 (i:102, k:39)
My aquaria list: 36 (i:13)
My BLogs: 44 (i:149, p:2671)
My Wishlist: 35
Spotted: 177
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Post by bekateen »

Congratulations! Quite an honor!
Find me on YouTube and Facebook: http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1; https://www.facebook.com/Bekateen
Buying caves from https://plecocaves.com? Plecocaves sponsor Bekateen's Fishroom. Use coupon code "bekateen" (no quotes) for 15% off your order.
Shovelnose
My articles: 5
My images: 116
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 60 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 44
Location 1: Mumbai
Location 2: India

Post by Shovelnose »

Congratulations HH!
Balaji

Vicar: It's about this letter you sent me regarding my insurance claim.
Devious: Oh, yeah, well, you see, it's just that we're not, as yet, totally satisfied with the grounds of your claim.
Vicar: But it says something about filling my mouth in with cement.
Devious: Oh well, that's just insurance jargon, you know.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Brilliant! Really happy about this news. If anyone has a copy of the PDF I would appreciate it.

Cheers,

Jools
Shane
Expert
My articles: 69
My images: 161
My catfish: 75
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 4 (i:4)
Spotted: 99
Location 1: Tysons
Location 2: Virginia

Post by Shane »

Jools sent me a PDF (was off grid). This is fantastic!
-Shane
"My journey is at an end and the tale is told. The reader who has followed so faithfully and so far, they have the right to ask, what do I bring back? It can be summed up in three words. Concentrate upon Uganda."
Winston Churchill, My African Journey

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”