CW016 Cat-e-log Issues

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
Coryologist
I've donated: $200.00!
My images: 11
My cats species list: 70 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 5
Location 1: Laurel Lake, NJ
Location 2: Laurel Lake, NJ
Interests: Fancy Guppies, Cory Cats, Digital Photography, DV, Triumph Motorcycles

CW016 Cat-e-log Issues

Post by Coryologist »

Greetings. I was not sure if this is the correct place for all of this post, but I figured that I would start, here.

1. When accessing the CW016 page in the Cat-e-log, after clicking on any of the images, I get a 404 error. Is it me, or you? :)

2. Under more resources, I find a link to AquaticRepublic.com, where I find all of the images that I posted on PC. I do not know how they wound up on this other site, without my consent. Is there some sort of affiliation between these two sites that I am not aware of that has some sort of reciprocal agreement for sharing pics on both sites?

I have no problem sharing my photos, I just think that's it's proper etiquette and respectful, to ask first. Perhaps I am missing something, here. Please advise.

3. I am sure that the 2 photos submitted by Mark are not CW016, but rather a C. aeneus type that is often imported mis-ID'd as CW016.

Here is an image of the last fish I imported that was labeled CW016.

I think you would agree that based on body shape and the location of the blotch that the image more closely resembles Mark's specimen than CW016.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers. - Frank
pleco_breeder
My articles: 2
My cats species list: 17 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Arizona
Interests: breeding plecos and corys

Re: CW016 Cat-e-log Issues

Post by pleco_breeder »

I don't know about the rest of the questions, but my understanding is Jools also owns AquaticRepublic.com They're a bit more than affiliates ;)

Larry
Impossible only means that somebody hasn't done it correctly yet.
Coryologist
Interests: Fancy Guppies, Cory Cats, Digital Photography, DV, Triumph Motorcycles

Post by Coryologist »

pleco_breeder wrote:I don't know about the rest of the questions, but my understanding is Jools also owns AquaticRepublic.com They're a bit more than affiliates. Larry
Oh, OK. TYVM for the info. It appears I never got that memo. lol. Cheers. - Frank
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

Hi Frank,

Lots of questions! Let me try and unpick them and try and answer your queries.
Coryologist wrote:Greetings. I was not sure if this is the correct place for all of this post, but I figured that I would start, here.
As good a place as any as your post has a bug, a query and a cat-elog correction!
Coryologist wrote:1. When accessing the CW016 page in the Cat-e-log, after clicking on any of the images, I get a 404 error. Is it me, or you? :)
It's me. It's a bug I introduced last night (note to self, don't work on the site and watch football at the same time). It's fixed now, but thanks for bringing it up.
Coryologist wrote:2. Under more resources, I find a link to AquaticRepublic.com, where I find all of the images that I posted on PC. I do not know how they wound up on this other site, without my consent. Is there some sort of affiliation between these two sites that I am not aware of that has some sort of reciprocal agreement for sharing pics on both sites?

I have no problem sharing my photos, I just think that's it's proper etiquette and respectful, to ask first. Perhaps I am missing something, here. Please advise.
As Larry has said, AR is another project of mine and is the same data (including pics) as Planet but encompasses all fish. Without going into the techie stuff too much, while the data is replicated, there are not two copies of the master images (from which resized images [e.g. thumbnails] are generated) but the generated are shown (and credited) at both. In terms of being disrespectful it's absolutely not my intent. Details in the TaCs. There was a lot of discussion about this a while back. Very happy to discuss this one-to-one if that helps. Drop me a pm or email and I will do my best to explain anything specific.
Coryologist wrote:3. I am sure that the 2 photos submitted by Mark are not CW016, but rather a C. aeneus type that is often imported mis-ID'd as CW016.
I tend to agree with you. Where was the fish you got imported from? I'm inclined to either add a new species entry for it or lump it in C. aeneus with some notes/

Sorry if this has caused an alarm.

Cheers,

Jools
Coryologist

Post by Coryologist »

Jools wrote:Hi Frank,
Greetings Jools,
It's me. It's a bug I introduced last night (note to self, don't work on the site and watch football at the same time). It's fixed now, but thanks for bringing it up.
Wow. I guess that "timing" truly is everything.
As Larry has said, AR is another project of mine and is the same data (including pics) as Planet but encompasses all fish. Without going into the techie stuff too much, while the data is replicated, there are not two copies of the master images (from which resized images [e.g. thumbnails] are generated). In terms of being disrespectful it's absolutely not my intent but is covered in the TaCs. There was a lot of discussion about this a while back. Very happy to discuss this one-to-one if that helps. Drop me a pm or email and I will do my best to explain anything specific.
No explanation required. I was just totally unaware, but I'll admit to not perusing other parts of the forum as I probably should to keep abreast of these developments. I have no issue with what you have explained. What's mine - is yours. :-)
I tend to agree with you.
I don't hear that, very often. lol.
Where was the fish you got imported from?
Peru. To this day the person who collected them maintains that they are CW016 and that I am wrong to question him. Not the exporter, but the actuall collector.
I'm inclined to either add a new species entry for it or lump it in C. aeneus with some notes.
Well, Ian will be here next Thursday. He'll get to examine them up close and personal and we'll see what he thinks. I will get you some better pics to use.
Sorry if this has caused an alarm.
Not at all, Jools.

Thanks for letting me know. Cheers. - Frank
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Coryologist wrote:
Jools wrote:]I'm inclined to either add a new species entry for it or lump it in C. aeneus with some notes.
Well, Ian will be here next Thursday. He'll get to examine them up close and personal and we'll see what he thinks. I will get you some better pics to use.
If Mr. Fuller turns up please remind him to spellcheck anything he writes down about it. :-) Sorry, in-joke. Sounds like a plan, can you let me know what you two agree on and I will likely follow.

Cheers,

Jools
Coryologist

Post by Coryologist »

Jools wrote:If Mr. Fuller turns up please remind him to spellcheck anything he writes down about it. :-) Sorry, in-joke.

Why - whatever do you mean? lol.
Sounds like a plan, can you let me know what you two agree on and I will likely follow.
Absolutely. - Frank
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Frank, any update?

Cheers,

Jools
Coryologist

Post by Coryologist »

Jools wrote:Frank, any update?

Cheers,

Jools
Hi Jools,

Deepest apologies. Look for those in your "inbox" by morning.

Cheers,

Frank
Coryologist

Post by Coryologist »

Photos, sent. - Frank
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Ok, so Frank's excellent pictures have been added. Any views from anyone on which species entry the Mark Smith pictures should go?

Jools
The.Dark.One
I've donated: $26.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 20
My cats species list: 41 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 16
Location 1: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England
Location 2: Castleford

Post by The.Dark.One »

I agree with Frank that the Mark Smith images are not CW016. As to what they are, difficult to say for sure because I have a feeling they aren't exhibiting their 'true' colours. Perhaps on this basis they are the normal coloured C. schultzei (the gold band is faintly visible), or failing that one of the fish we currently lump under C. aeneus, like this Peruvian example:

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/im ... ge_id=4285
corybreed
Expert
I've donated: $54.00!
My catfish: 8
My cats species list: 74 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Long Island, New York, USA
Location 2: Long Island

Post by corybreed »

The fish look like C schultzei to me as well.

Mark
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

Yup, OK, moved. So, can we consider this thread resolved?

Cheers,

Jools
The.Dark.One
I've donated: $26.00!
My articles: 1
My images: 20
My cats species list: 41 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 16
Location 1: Castleford, West Yorkshire, England
Location 2: Castleford

Post by The.Dark.One »

I would say so
Coryologist

Post by Coryologist »

Update. Strong possibility that the fish in question may be CW041. Then again, Ian has observed the fish in person, so I guess the possibility is not that strong. TY. - Frank

Return to “All Resolved Issues”