Hmm whats this?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
greenchicken
Location 1: North Carolina

Hmm whats this?

Post by greenchicken »

Somebody gave me this fish about 6 months ago anybody know what he is?
Just bought my new 75 gallon yesterday have 1 6 inch oscar this cat and a Pleco in it.

GC
Silverkip
Location 1: West Virginia, USA

Platydoras Costatus

Post by Silverkip »

Striped or Humbug Raphael / Talking Catfish - Platydoras costatus (Linnaeus, 1766)
I thought they liked me! Then I realized they just use me for the food!
greenchicken

Re: Platydoras Costatus

Post by greenchicken »

Silverkip wrote:Striped or Humbug Raphael / Talking Catfish - Platydoras costatus (Linnaeus, 1766)
Thank you, I knew he was a talker, you should have heard him when I had to take him out to put him in the new tank

Thanks a bunch

GC
Vik
Location 1: Oregon, USA
Interests: Photography, Fish, Racing

Striped Raphael

Post by Vik »

GC
Do you have something your Platydoras Costatus can hide in? They will be much happier with a cave or a tunnel. It is not natural for them to sit out in the open like that when it is light in the tank.
Zack
Location 1: Kodiak Alaska
Interests: fish,outdoors,powersports=mx,pre running,etc etc

Post by Zack »

A hiding place is very important. But when you put it on make sure its at an angle that you'll be able to see him when hes in it, because chances are slim of every seeing him out and about when theres a good hiding spot.
55 gallon
11 pygmy cories
8 neon tetras
1 banjo
4 black neons
4 otos
greenchicken

Re: Striped Raphael

Post by greenchicken »

Vik wrote:GC
Do you have something your Platydoras Costatus can hide in? They will be much happier with a cave or a tunnel. It is not natural for them to sit out in the open like that when it is light in the tank.
I had just turned on the light to take the pic, he has plenty of places to hide, I also made them a rock cave a few years back and they hang out there

Thanks for your concern though :)

Jeff

Return to “What is my catfish?”