Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
- Posts: 138
- Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:34 am
- My cats species list: 38 (i:0, k:5)
- My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:26)
- Spotted: 2
- Location 1: Texas
Pleco ID needed. These are f1 babies around 2.5 inch TL. Parents were purchased as L471. Are they L471? Or are they L201, L201 big spot, or Contradens? The parents are max 4 inch TL. I've had the parents for 2 years now and remained about the same size.
- Posts: 6035
- Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:50 pm
- I've donated: $40.00!
- My articles: 3
- My images: 58
- My cats species list: 104 (i:41, k:46)
- My aquaria list: 30 (i:14)
- My BLogs: 32 (i:112, p:1653)
- My Wishlist: 32
- Spotted: 127
- Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
- Location 2: USA, California, Stockton
I've never seen L471 side by side for comparison against L201 or L201 big spot. I've wondered before if fish sold as L201 big spot might be L471, although I'm told they're different, but without a clear distinction given. Your fishes' size seems okay for L471, but then my L201 big spot are the same.
Hopefully someone else can be more helpful.
"So many catfishes, so little time... and space... and money." - I said this after visiting Pier Aquatics.
Would you like to buy my fish? Click HERE for prices.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Tue May 19, 2020 9:12 am
- My cats species list: 5 (i:0, k:5)
- My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
- My BLogs: 1 (i:3, p:52)
- Spotted: 5
- Location 1: Norway
- Location 2: Arendal
- Interests: Aquariums, plecos and climbing
in my opinion it is L201 (not sure if big spot). L471 usually don't get to 4inches. contradens are quite tall.