Torrent catfishes (Glyptosterninae) of Bhutan with descriptions of five new species

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
lfinley58
Expert
I've donated: $90.00!
My articles: 3
My images: 3
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Margate
Location 2: Florida USA
Interests: Catfishes (all), Aquarium History

Torrent catfishes (Glyptosterninae) of Bhutan with descriptions of five new species

Post by lfinley58 »

Thoni, R.J. & Guring, D.B. 2018. Morphological and molecular study of the torrent catfishes (Sisoridae: Glyptosterninae) of Bhutan including the description of five new species. Zootaxa 4476 (1): 40-68.

Abstract:
Torrent catfishes of the subfamily Glyptosterninae from Bhutan are examined based on morphological and molecular data. Five new species are described: Creteuchiloglanis bumdelingensis sp. nov., Exostoma mangdechhuensis sp. nov., Parachiloglanis benjii sp. nov., P. dangmechhuensis sp. nov., and P. drukyulensis sp. nov. Molecular data derived from the mitochondrial gene Cyt b and the nuclear gene RAG2 recovered relationships within Parachiloglanis and the Glyptosterninae. A dichotomous key to the Glyptosterninae of Bhutan is provided.

Open access at http://www.mapress.com/j/zt/article/vie ... a.4476.1.5

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”