Databse Question- Rio Acre

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
WILDPERU
Location 2: Portland, Oregon

Databse Question- Rio Acre

Post by WILDPERU »

Hello,

I am not sure if this is the best place to put this, but here goes! I am going to the Rio Acre this summer to collect and I was trying to find out more about what catfish species I should expect to find. (and general information about all manner of fish species for that matter) there doesn't seem to be much on the internet about this area. The area we'll be focusing on will be the Peruvian side, up river from Inapari Approximately 2-3 days travel by boat checking into all of creeks along the way. If anyone has been collecting up in this region, (Brazillian or Peruvian sides of the river) I'd appreciate hearing about your experiences there. If I understand correctly, the Brazillian side of the river has seen some collecting, but almost nothing has been documented from the Peruvian side. If you can shed some light on this situation, please advise!

Cheers,

Brian Perkins
WildPERU
http://www.nuurth.net

P.S. Also, I am having trouble searching for Rio Acre Species using the Database here at Planet Catfish. There does not seem to be a "Rio Acre" selection on the drop down list of Rivers. Am I missing something? Thanks in advance!
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 12 (i:10)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: Databse Question- Rio Acre

Post by MatsP »

Correct, there is no rio Acre in the list of bodies of water. As far as I'm aware, that is because we do not have in the list of fishes any species that is restricted to this river. We may well have fish that live in this river, but they are also in other rivers or in the main river which Acre is a tributary to.

--
Mats
L number Banana
I've donated: $5.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
Location 2: Kingston, ON, Canada

Post by L number Banana »

Hi,
I tried google for more specifics and found this nice site: http://silurus.acnatsci.org/ACSI/field/ ... index.html,
this one is kind of lengthy but interesting collecting stuff from there:
http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:niT ... =firefox-a

Good luck and have fun. Don't forget to post pics of any interesting finds :thumbsup:
Racing, shoes and fish. Nothing else matters. Oh, and bacon.
WILDPERU
Location 2: Portland, Oregon

Post by WILDPERU »

Thanks! Yes, I have been to that website before many times. I especially like the photos of the Astroblephid cats. I have collected some of these too and wondered what species they were. Yes, I will share what I come across on this trip here as much as I can. It should prove to be very interesting!

Cheers,

Brian Perkins
WildPERU
www.nuurth.net

Return to “Speak Easy”