13 spawns in 6 weeks: It doesn't get much better than this (for me, anyway... oh wait, it does-61 spawns in 23 weeks

A members area where you can introduce yourself, discuss anything outwith catfish and generally get to know each other.
fishguy1978
My cats species list: 14 (i:7, k:11)
My aquaria list: 8 (i:8)
My BLogs: 1 (i:1, p:37)
My Wishlist: 1
Spotted: 18
Location 1: Tacoma
Location 2: WA
Interests: Fish. I have 14 aquariums and counting with fish from S.A, C.A, Africa, and Asia.

Re: 13 spawns in 6 weeks: It doesn't get much better than this (for me, anyway... oh wait, it does-58 spawns in 21 weeks

Post by fishguy1978 »

Please understand I am only joking. Please do keep posting about your successes. I have BN that are spawning with 2 spawns within 1 month. I recently acquired some featherfin green dragons and hope that they will start spawning when of age.
The harbinger of doom to the wicked but the fragrance of life for the hopeless. Napalm

bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 3
My images: 58
My cats species list: 104 (i:41, k:46)
My aquaria list: 30 (i:14)
My BLogs: 32 (i:112, p:1653)
My Wishlist: 32
Spotted: 127
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: 13 spawns in 6 weeks: It doesn't get much better than this (for me, anyway... oh wait, it does-58 spawns in 21 weeks

Post by bekateen »

fishguy1978 wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 10:16 pm
Please understand I am only joking. Please do keep posting about your successes. I have BN that are spawning with 2 spawns within 1 month. I recently acquired some featherfin green dragons and hope that they will start spawning when of age.
Don't worry. I will. :)) No offense was taken, although I do worry a bit about coming off pompous.

The reality is this - when you have lots of fish in lots of tanks, somebody is probably always spawning. If 2 or 3 species take turns, it seems like a continuous stream of spawns.

Good luck with your featherfins. ;-)

Cheers, Eric
"So many catfishes, so little time... and space... and money." - I said this after visiting Pier Aquatics.
http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1
Would you like to buy my fish? Click HERE for prices.

bekateen
I've donated: $40.00!
My articles: 3
My images: 58
My cats species list: 104 (i:41, k:46)
My aquaria list: 30 (i:14)
My BLogs: 32 (i:112, p:1653)
My Wishlist: 32
Spotted: 127
Location 1: USA, California, Stockton
Location 2: USA, California, Stockton

Re: 13 spawns in 6 weeks: It doesn't get much better than this (for me, anyway... oh wait, it does-61 spawns in 23 weeks

Post by bekateen »

On 11 May I got my 12th spawn from the Dekeyseria picta L052; on 12 May I got my third spawn from Ancistrus sp`Rio_Paraguay`, which promptly abandoned their eggs within 24 hours X_X; and today my Hypancistrus sp(L260) spawned for second time.

Otherwise, things are slowing down. I think the fish have had their run for the year. It was exciting while it lasted. :-) #CoronavirusSexyTime!

Here's the final tally. Spawns discovered since 05-December:
"So many catfishes, so little time... and space... and money." - I said this after visiting Pier Aquatics.
http://youtube.com/user/Bekateen1
Would you like to buy my fish? Click HERE for prices.