- Posts: 48
- Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:21 am
- My cats species list: 7 (i:2, k:5)
- Spotted: 5
- Location 1: Palmetto, FL
- Location 2: United States
- Posts: 3931
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:11 pm
- My images: 11
- My cats species list: 25 (i:0, k:0)
- Spotted: 4
- Location 1: Naples, FL
- Location 2: USA
- Interests: Big freshwater catfish and Co.
Having looked through the Cat-eLog photos https://www.planetcatfish.com/common/sp ... ies_id=350 I'd superficially agree with the ID of schoutedeni. A couple things that concern me are the clearly different marking pattern on the head versus body and the rather blunt head or short snout, both of which may point toward a hybrid of sorts, IMHO.
But I am not expert. I hope they will chime in sooner or later. This site is not what it used to be in terms of attendance and one must be patient or even bump up their thread for attention.
Also the initial photos of schoutedeni in the Cat-eLog may feature a fish that's a departure from schoutedeni, unless they are that variable in the appearance of the markings.
- Posts: 14548
- Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 3:25 pm
- My articles: 189
- My images: 905
- My catfish: 244
- My cats species list: 88 (i:0, k:6)
- My aquaria list: 2 (i:2)
- My BLogs: 7 (i:5, p:194)
- My Wishlist: 16
- Spotted: 937
- Location 1: M8
- Location 2: Scotland
- Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.