Frogs in my pond!

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
IndefactorX
Location 1: Texas

Frogs in my pond!

Post by IndefactorX »

yah, i'd guess its frog mating season, but they really like my pond and 2 of them decided to have their children in my pond and left a really long string of eggs behind, about how many of these little metamorphic fishies can i expect to have floatin around and how long do you think they'll take to hatch, and what kind of fish is a good idea to keep in the pond that will eat the eggs or even the tadpoles because my koi are only about 2 inches and my channel cats about 5 inches
I dont want my pond to be over run by frogs
Only one difference between genius and stupidity, genius has its limits
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

"Pond run over by frogs"..... :roll: :shock: :shock: :shock:

THAT's a new one! Most people would kill everybody in the same room for a pond that's THAT healthy! (or for a cold beer)

But your problem is already solved; the Channelcat will eat all the tadpoles, and within a year or two, both the adult frogs and all the other fishes as well :cry: :cry: :cry:
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
IndefactorX
Location 1: Texas

Post by IndefactorX »

so what if the eggs have alot of algae growin on em, just noticed alot of algae forming on them, will they still hatch? and how long do they take to hatch
Only one difference between genius and stupidity, genius has its limits
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 885
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 420
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Algae shouldn't affect the eggs in any way. Depending on species, the eggs will take anywhere from 2-20 days to hatch.

Return to “Tank Talk”