Syno Angelicus + Zebra Pleco. Advice Needed~!

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Africa.
sugarandopium
Location 1: NYC

Syno Angelicus + Zebra Pleco. Advice Needed~!

Post by sugarandopium »

Okay, I typed this before with a big sob story. I'll just ask.

Will a Zebra Pleco be OKAY along with a Syno Angel in 55 gallons? (I know this is small for syno's but I'm upgrading in a couple of months)

There are two other syno's that I got today as well with the angel, I'm sure you must be familiar with the way the angel will snap at other syno's.
well........................the angel snapped at the zebra, and I flipped out, really, REALLY flipped out, I chased it away with a plant in a fit of rage. I'm really attached to the zebra, and I hate to say it, I would take back the angel if need be =( not that I'd be happy doing so, but zebra is my baby.

Not too worried about the other two, they dont seem too aggressive, and if anything the angel would be after them, but I'm really worried about the little zebra.

Would a few caves or more rocks solves this, ANYTHING I could do to house them all for a while together?
I only have one other tank right now that IS NOT finished cycling.

I'm new to fishkeeping, bear with me & Any Advice would be appreciated. =)
Dinyar
My articles: 3
My images: 228
My catfish: 10
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 94
Location 1: New York, NY, USA
Interests: Mochokidae, Claroteidae, Bagridae, Malepteruridae, Chacidae, Heteropneustidae, Clariidae, Sisoridae, Loricariiadae

Post by Dinyar »

It's probably doable if you like living dangerously. Build lots of little interconnected caves that are too small for the S. angelicus to enter.

Dinyar
sugarandopium

Post by sugarandopium »

okay but the angel WILL kill the zebra?
Kostas
I've donated: $256.00!
My images: 19
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Greece,Athens
Location 2: Greece,Athens
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

Post by Kostas »

Hi,
Can you tell us how big is your angel syno now?
Chrysichthys
My images: 1
My cats species list: 43 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 1
Location 1: Oxford U.K.
Interests: catfish!

Post by Chrysichthys »

sugarandopium wrote:okay but the angel WILL kill the zebra?
Probably not all at once, although constant harassment might eventually kill it. What are the other two synos you got? I would think the angelicus would be preoccupied by them and mostly ignore the zebra. Watch to make sure the zebra can come out to feed without being bothered. If the angelicus is constantly hassling it you will need to do something. If the angelicus chases it away once in a while and immediately forgets about it, I wouldn't worry.
STOP AND SEARCH TO BE REPLACED WITH GOOD, OLD-FASHIONED VIOLENCE
(Daily Mash headline)
sugarandopium

Post by sugarandopium »

The Angel is about 3 inches. Seems to have calmed down a bit since when I first put him in, he actually lays with the other syno's, sometimes even leaning on each other like kittens (so cute!) But ya never really know what goes on when the lights go out. & the Zebra is eating BTW =)

The other two, I have NO IDEA what they are, the kid at the pet shop had no idea, going to go back when the owner is there & ask, one is like maybe a reddish or dark pinkish one with big polkadots, like the angel's dot pattern but much bigger blackish spots, and the same fin pattern as the angel too, just different color. The other one is hard to describe, dark colored with wavy lines all over it. Wastold that the top fin grows to be huge, that's the only info this moron was able to give me.

Looked in the Catelog, but couldn't find a close match, computer here, tank there, no laptop. =-(

Thank you for all replies =)

Also, what is the best thing to feed these guys, I'm thinking they need something bigger than bloodworm?
Dinyar
My articles: 3
My images: 228
My catfish: 10
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 94
Location 1: New York, NY, USA
Interests: Mochokidae, Claroteidae, Bagridae, Malepteruridae, Chacidae, Heteropneustidae, Clariidae, Sisoridae, Loricariiadae

Post by Dinyar »

Sounds like your otherr two fsh are S. nigrita and S. eupterus respectively.

Dinyar
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

Also, what is the best thing to feed these guys, I'm thinking they need something bigger than bloodworm?
They'll eat bloodworms with no problems. They'll also take sinking pellets, algae wafers, granules (like Tetra Bits) , chopped earthworm, brine shrimp,....
In short, they aren't fussy eaters and will eat a wide range of foods.
Kostas
I've donated: $256.00!
My images: 19
My cats species list: 14 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:3)
Spotted: 6
Location 1: Greece,Athens
Location 2: Greece,Athens
Interests: Fishkeeping,diving,skiing,r/c modeling,growing Palm trees,ferns and tropical plants

Post by Kostas »

sugarandopium wrote:okay but the angel WILL kill the zebra?
I dont think so because he is a juvenile and if your zebra is 5cm now i dont think that you would have any big problem apart from biten fins if your zebra eats.But when your other tank finish cycling, it would be wise to transfer your syno to the other tank.

Return to “African Catfishes”