cory eggs

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
pennykate
Location 1: new england
Interests: pets, crafts

cory eggs

Post by pennykate »

:) please help!!1 I HAVE 2 CORIES....A0PPARENTLY 1 MALE AND 1 FEMALE...nowi have eggs on the glass walls and would loe to try and raise some babies...however, i don't know how to tell if they are fertile? one of the cories, has been about 3 days laying around on his/her side and appears to e dying however, if i apporoach the tank jumps up ad runs around??? Ihad a few eggs laid about 2 weeks ago and tried to save them by putting them in a "floating breeding tank" and left them for 10 days but they id not hatch?? they appear to be either light tan or white and this has me confused as i was told if they were white they were dead? theonly other fish in the tank are 10 guppies....that is why i used th small breeding tank a i wa afraid they would eag the eggs.....any help would be appreciated!!!!

ellie
L number Banana
I've donated: $5.00!
My articles: 1
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 3 (i:0)
Location 2: Kingston, ON, Canada

Re: cory eggs

Post by L number Banana »

Hi,
Take a look at the top post here: Hatching and raising cory fry. It's very helpful. Also the post below called 'Super sticky cory eggs appear'. That's my current situation and I'm still waiting for something to happen too :)

By the way, I think your bold lettering is stuck on. Makes it a wee bit hard to read. Maybe my eyes are just old.... :lol:
Racing, shoes and fish. Nothing else matters. Oh, and bacon.

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”