L128 (US, Chicago area)

Items sought in the United States of America and Canada
oldpopie
Location 2: usa

L128 (US, Chicago area)

Post by oldpopie »

I'm looking for some young L128? I live in the Chicago area. Can any one help? ED

[Mod edit: Remove caps, add location, moved to Wanted section --Mats]
MatsP
My articles: 4
My images: 28
My cats species list: 117 (i:33, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:8)
My BLogs: 4 (i:0, p:97)
Spotted: 187
Location 1: North of Cambridge
Location 2: England.

Re: L128

Post by MatsP »

Ed,

Welcome to Planet Catfish.

Sorry, not able to help [1], but out of courtesy to others, can you please avoid shouting next time you post? [In Internet culture, typing in all capitals is considered shouting].

[1] Unless you fancy a trip to the UK - Pier Aquatics in Wigan has some good ones and very nice price too! (Neil: When do I get my commission ;) )

--
Mats
Haavard Stoere
My articles: 3
My images: 65
My cats species list: 22 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 10 (i:9)
Spotted: 16
Location 1: Norway, Stavanger

Re: L128 (US, Chicago area)

Post by Haavard Stoere »

I would assume young L128s are just as easy to get from shops in the US as in europe. Talk to your lfs :)
MatsP

Post by MatsP »

Haavard Stoere wrote:I would assume young L128s are just as easy to get from shops in the US as in europe. Talk to your lfs :)
Agreed, they are not "gold dust". Whilst my local LFS doesn't have a stock-list to order them off (they only deal with 2-3 wholesalers), I know of local shops that have them in stock at various sizes - I didn't HAVE to go halfway across this island to get some.

If you go for the really small ones, it can be difficult to ensure you get both sexes [obivously other than statistics based - if you get 10, it is fairly unlikely to get only one sex in there], whilst the "medium" 12cm+/5"+ (TL) size you can hopefully have a good guess at least.

--
Mats
oldpopie
Location 2: usa

Post by oldpopie »

Sorry for the fopa! I am not a computer, or internet geek. I'm a fish geek. The fish shops in the chicago area are poor at best. I rely on other fish geeks in my circle. I didnt know that planet catfish had a " wanted " forum as I am new to its fomat. Thanks.
MatsP

Post by MatsP »

oldpopie wrote:Sorry for the fopa! I am not a computer, or internet geek. I'm a fish geek. The fish shops in the chicago area are poor at best. I rely on other fish geeks in my circle. I didnt know that planet catfish had a " wanted " forum as I am new to its fomat. Thanks.
No worries - I just thought you'd want to know what the appropriate protocol is.

I've spent a week or so in the Chicago area, but never looked at the fish-shops at the time. But I'm fairly sure that a reasonable shop in the Chicago area can be found - it may not be one of your 6 closest ones, but I'm sure there is one that you can get good quality fish in, at not too unreasonable prices (if not, there's a gap in the market!).

--
Mats

Return to “Wanted (USA & Canada)”