My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Planet Catfish Announcement: 31 July 2003

Post by Silurus »

All~

Some big changes this month with the launch of V3 of the cat-elog. As has been the plan for some time now, the cat-elog can now be found at http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/ .

Additionally, all science news articles have been moved into the Taxonomy and science news forum.

Also moved into the forum are the caption competitions. These were updated by people sending me in witticisms via email. Now you can add to them more readily by simply joining in the fun on the forum.

On a serious note, please bear with us during this change, rest assured that every single broken link encountered by any planet catfish user will be reported to me by email and I will be striving to track down all broken links and fix them in the month of August. If something is of particular annoyance, please check it has not already been reported and post a request to priority fix it in the suggestions and bugs forum. Posting in the forum (as opposed to sending me email) is better because we can all see what is being reported and when it is being fixed.

As part of the V3 upgrade we've also reformatted the image contributor pages to show, more graphically, who has contributed what. The index now shows all contributors in alphabetical order and the number of images contributed in brackets. Clicking on a contributor in the list will open a thumbnail page of all images (in alphabetic within family order) they have contributed along with a cool breakdown of what families, genera and species have been sent in along with (where available) a link to the contributor's site.

Return to “Site Announcements”