making money for PC

A historical forum for issues reported in the suggestions and bugs forum that have been subsequently fixed or resolved.
magnum4
Location 1: UK wirral
Interests: all things aquatic.

making money for PC

Post by magnum4 »

Jools i noticed you have relationship with amazon.co.uk for the books that people purchase PC gets a percentage of the profit great idea. i just thought that you could set this up for equiptment as well. I can think of a few mail order companies on the web that might be interested if you want me to inquire about this MSG me back. Also the pictures that are missing for some species on the cat-e-log, have you asked max gibbs for some of his pics.
Jools
Expert
My articles: 197
My images: 944
My catfish: 238
My cats species list: 87 (i:13, k:1)
My BLogs: 7 (i:7, p:202)
My Wishlist: 23
Spotted: 447
Location 1: Middle Earth,
Location 2: Scotland
Interests: All things aquatic, Sci-Fi, photography and travel. Oh, and beer.

Post by Jools »

I don't know of a suitable mail order company, you mention some can you give me examples? They would have to be worldwide bear in mind. We were approached a couple of years ago about this, but the margins were tiny and I didn't think it was worth the effort. I remain open minded however and will talk to anyone interested in some sort of joint venture.

On the subject of Max Gibbs, I am, of course, aware of his work but I do not know him to ask about pictures.

Jools
magnum4
Location 1: UK wirral
Interests: all things aquatic.

Post by magnum4 »

world wide bit of a problem there i only have experience with uk dealers. what percentage would be worth your time? or lack of.
König Löwe
Location 1: Bodø, Northern Norway
Interests: The "passion" for fish has subsided somewhat the last couple years, only currently keeping two corys and what might be an LDA-33, as catfish goes.

Post by König Löwe »

http://www.aquaristic.net ships worldwide.
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

magnum4 wrote:world wide bit of a problem there i only have experience with uk dealers. what percentage would be worth your time? or lack of.
I would need to pull in about US$25-35 a monthto make it worth a lot of hassle (i.e. about the same as the amazon requirement) if just a link brought that in then I'd do it tomorrow (well, after trying them out at least).

Jools
Jools
Expert

Post by Jools »

König Löwe wrote:www.aquaristic.net ships worldwide.
Unless I missed it, they don't seem to have an affiliate programme? Thus, how would PC make money?

Jools

Return to “All Resolved Issues”