The complete mitochondrial genome of Corydoras nattereri

For the discussion of catfish systematics. Post here to draw our attention to new publications or to discuss existing works.
Horlack
My cats species list: 1 (i:1, k:0)
My aquaria list: 1 (i:0)
Location 1: France
Location 2: France

The complete mitochondrial genome of Corydoras nattereri

Post by Horlack »

Title : The complete mitochondrial genome of Corydoras nattereri (Callichthyidae: Corydoradinae)

Book : Neotropical Ichthyology , On-line version ISSN 1982-0224, Neotrop. ichthyol. vol.14 no.1 Maringá 2016 Epub Apr 07, 2016

DOI link : http://dx.doi.org/10.1590/1982-0224-20150167

Autor : Daniel A. Moreira(1) , Paulo A. Buckup(2) , Marcelo R. Britto(2) , Maithê G. P. Magalhães(1) , Paula C. C. de Andrade(1) , Carolina Furtado(3) , Thiago E. Parente(1)
(1) : Laboratório de Toxicologia Ambiental, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz (FIOCRUZ), Avenida Brasil, 4036 sala 101, 2104-031 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil. (DAM) daniel.moreira@ioc.fiocruz.br, (MGPM) magalhaes.maithe@gmail.com, (PCCA) paula.andrade.bio@gmail.com, (TEP) parente@ensp.fiocruz.br
(2) : Departamento de Vertebrados, Museu Nacional, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), Quinta da Boa Vista, 20940-040 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil. (PAB) buckup@acd.ufrj.br (corresponding author), (MRB) mrbritto2002@yahoo.com.br
(3) : Divisão de Genética, Instituto Nacional do Câncer (INCA), André Cavalcanti, 37, 4º andar, 20231-050 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil. (CF) cfurtado@inca.gov.br

ABSTRACT
The complete mitogenome of Corydoras nattereri , a species of mailed catfishes from southeastern Brazil, was reconstructed using next-generation sequencing techniques. The mitogenome was assembled using mitochondrial transcripts from the liver transcriptomes of three individuals, and produced a circular DNA sequence of 16,557 nucleotides encoding 22 tRNA genes, two rRNA genes, 13 protein-coding genes and two noncoding control regions (D-loop, OrigL). Phylogeographic analysis of closely related sequences of Cytochrome Oxydase C subunit I (COI) demonstrates high diversity among morphologically similar populations of C. nattereri . Corydoras nattereri is nested within a complex of populations currently assigned to C. paleatus and C. ehrhardti . Analysis of mitogenome structure demonstrated that an insertion of 21 nucleotides between the ATPase subunit-6 and COIII genes may represent a phylogenetically informative character associated with the evolution of the Corydoradinae.

Return to “Taxonomy & Science News”