New variety of CW45?

Did you know fantastic help is an anagram of Planet Catfish? This forum is for those of you with pictures of your catfish who are looking for help identifying them. There are many here to help and a firm ID is the first step towards keeping your catfish in the best conditions.
discusorigins
Location 2: Florida, USA

New variety of CW45?

Post by discusorigins »

Hello,

I have been offered this fish as CW45/Resex, it appears identical in shape and color but it has a spotted body where any photos of CW45 I can find do not have spots on the body. I know its a hand held photo but its the best I can get at this time. Anyone have an idea as to ID of this fish?

CW45.jpg
Nabobmob1
My articles: 1
My images: 38
My cats species list: 112 (i:39, k:0)
My BLogs: 40 (i:59, p:1622)
Spotted: 18
Location 1: North Chicagoland
Location 2: Northern IL
Interests: Catfish, Beer, Barbeque, Fishing and Music

Re: New variety of CW45?

Post by Nabobmob1 »

Have a look at CW116 and CW098. Let me know if you bring them in please.
discusorigins

Post by discusorigins »

Thanks....I think it looks similar to CW027 and CW098. I'll need to get them in water and acclimated for true pattern and colors to come out I guess. Will contact you when they come in.
Karsten S.
My images: 30
Spotted: 20
Location 1: Ludwigsburg - Germany
Location 2: Ludwigsburg - Germany

Post by Karsten S. »

Hi,

with this picture it's difficult to give a sound statement.
CW045 is from Jutai area in Brasil, Amazonas state.

CW116 comes from the same area but is a long snouted species whereas the cory IMHO clearly shows a short snouted cory.
CW098 comes from quite a distant area, it certainly has a similar pattern but there many more with a similar pattern, I'm quite sure that it's not this one.
CW027/C154 is a much better match, but also originates from Colombia...

Do you know the origin of these corys ?

Cheers,
--

Karsten
discusorigins

Post by discusorigins »

Hi Karsten,

The origin of this corydoras is Brazil, but no exact location is available. It is being offered by a supplier who has sent me true CW045 in the past.....he thinks it may be a new species as it is identical in terms of color and body shape except for the spots.

I agree looking at the CW098 the spots are much finer than the those on this fish, so I do not think it is CW098.

CW027 does look very similar to this photo....but obvious collection location difference could be a question.
discusorigins

Post by discusorigins »

Hi there,

Ok the corydoras have landed. They have been acclimated for a few days so I could get a good photo of them. Please let me know what you guys think. Is it a correct CW045? What do you think the spotted corydoras is? Thank you.
Attachments
spotted CW045
spotted CW045
CW045
CW045

Return to “What is my catfish?”