My New Fish Tank

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
SirHelm
Location 1: San Jose, CA USA

My New Fish Tank

Post by SirHelm »

Well boys and girls... I finally got my new tank. I bought it used on Craigslist and spent 400.00 US. It is a 100 gallon tenecor simplicty plus plexi with a built in wet/dry system. It has slots for all of the gear in the back (pumps/heaters/mechanical and biologocal filtering). It currently has a rio 400 as a return pump and a rio 400 with a dual duck bill motion as an internal powerhead providing current and areation. I may be changing that as the rio filter kit is a bit more complex than the other models. IT came with the Oak hood and canopy, and I re-stained it a cherry color.

It is currently in the cycling stage. I am artificially cycling it with pure ammonia and am waiting for the nitrite spike to occur. (I put about a dozen large pebbles and driftwood from my healthy 25 gallon to get the some bacteria in it)

The substrate is coarse sand with large smooth pebbles dotting the landscape.

I have ordered 6 hoplos from aquabid (30.00 including shipping for all 6) and he threw in 2 5" Royal Fellowas as well.

So once the tank is cycled it will be stalked with the following:

6 Hoplos
2 Pim Blochiis
2 Royal Fellowas
1 Common Pleco
5 Danios

Down the road I would like to get some Corys but I plan on waiting to see how the above fish are doing.

I am also getting a nice centerpiece (driftwood) for the tank as well.

So here the links to the pics.

(first 2 are the tank after being stained and setup. The last 2 are of the tank when I picked it up)

http://www.mickenator.com/Pages/fishpics.htm

Let me know what you think.

Also any suggestions for an internal powerhead/filter for this tank? Something that would provide acceptable current?

Or is the Rio 400 okay?

Thanks

SH

Return to “Tank Talk”