Can anyone help me out?

All posts regarding the care and breeding of catfishes from Asia.
fatboy8
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
Location 2: Pennsylvania

Can anyone help me out?

Post by fatboy8 »

Back from keeping natives and flowerhorn for the past few years and I'm in the market for 2 Ompok Pabda or Ompok Siluroides but would prefer the Siluroides. Of course while I was in different directions with the hobby I feel like I saw these fish for sale everywhere. Unfortunately now I can't find them anywhere I've checked locally and online and no one has them or know when or if they'll get another shipment. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you.
TwoTankAmin
I've donated: $4288.00!
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 2 (i:0, p:48)
Location 1: USA
Location 2: Mt. Kisco, NY
Interests: Fish and Poker

Re: Can anyone help me out?

Post by TwoTankAmin »

This isn't much help in your quest, but it probably helps to explain your lack of success.

Ompok pabo
http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/166583/0
Ompok bimaculatus
http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/166616/0
No one has ever become poor by giving.” Anonymous
Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”" Daniel Patrick Moynihan
"The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it." Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Shovelnose
My articles: 5
My images: 116
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 60 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 44
Location 1: Mumbai
Location 2: India

Post by Shovelnose »

The major problem with Ompok is that there is very little to no demand in the trade. Ompok pabda and O.malabaricus were in the trade (rare even then) till a few years ago. In case it helps, Wes Wong of Rare Fish used to get them into the United States. I'll let you know if I hear of any Ompok sent to the US from here.
Balaji

Vicar: It's about this letter you sent me regarding my insurance claim.
Devious: Oh, yeah, well, you see, it's just that we're not, as yet, totally satisfied with the grounds of your claim.
Vicar: But it says something about filling my mouth in with cement.
Devious: Oh well, that's just insurance jargon, you know.
fatboy8
My cats species list: 4 (i:0, k:0)
My aquaria list: 2 (i:0)
Location 2: Pennsylvania

Post by fatboy8 »

Wes is about the only person I haven't reached out to yet. One of my LFS stated next time they order from Thailand they'll put the order in. Another LFS I just started going to stats they get them frequently and they as well will notify me when they restock. I'm hoping an online vendor from North Jersey gets them soon as I was informed late summer is normally when they're in stock.

Return to “Asian Catfishes”