hill-stream loaches courting???

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
caril
Location 1: Singapore
Interests: Soccer and Fish Keeping

hill-stream loaches courting???

Post by caril »

can someone help me move this posting to the correct topic heading.
sorry for my lack of knowledge of this kind of catfish as i dun know which catfish family it belongs to.
back to the main topic,
2 of my hill-stream loaches (1 of them is bigger and lighter in colour, the other one much smaller and darker in colour), they dun seem to be fighting so i assume they are courting.
the smaller fellow keeps on resting of the bigger ones and sometimes i witness it swimming to the back and underside of the bigger ones. (i assume the big fellow is a female whereas the smaller fellow is a male)
pls correct me if i'm wrong. thanks...
Yew Wee
coelacanth
My articles: 1
My images: 2
My catfish: 4
My cats species list: 32 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 3
Location 1: Bolton, UK
Location 2: UK
Interests: All things Aquatic

Post by coelacanth »

Try to obtain copies of the past two editions of FAMA magazine, they contain a two-part series on the reproduction of these Loaches. I believe there is also some information on the Loaches web site home page (sorry, don't know the URL off-hand).
caril

Post by caril »

i dun think i can find the FAMA magazines in singapore... :roll:
it would be great if someone can provide me with info or recommend any relevant websites.
thanks for ur prompt reply anyway... :wink:
Yew Wee
Dave Rinaldo
I've donated: $601.00!
My images: 238
My cats species list: 64 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 97
Location 2: Austin, Texas

Post by Dave Rinaldo »

caril

Post by caril »

thanks for the url... :wink:
after reading the relevant articles, i'm convinced that the male is trying to court the female by doing circular and fluttering dances around it.
should i remove the tetras, cories and plecos from the tank just in case they feed on the newborns??? :roll:
Yew Wee

Return to “Tank Talk”