Planaria and Cory eggs

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
Bathos
I've donated: $20.00!
Location 1: USA, Pennsylvania
Interests: Corydoras and other freshwater fish

Planaria and Cory eggs

Post by Bathos »

i've got eggs. they are from my C. aeneus. they were laid on sunday, starting around 10:00. some of the eggs have been bloken open and are now empty. i assumed they were already hatching, but then i saw planaria on the wall near the eggs. are my fry hatching, or are they being eaten by planaria? will the planaria eat the newborn fry? some of the planaria were of the white stringy variety, and some were a little thicker and shorter. i'm assuming the thicker and shorter ones are planaria too? i saw no planaria in there last night. i have not added or changed anything since the parents were removed, so i'm not really sure what's causing the planaria outbreak. i'd do an extensive gravel vac, but i'm afraid if fry did hatch, i'd be vacuuming them up too :(
-Liz
Bathos
I've donated: $20.00!
Location 1: USA, Pennsylvania
Interests: Corydoras and other freshwater fish

Post by Bathos »

the planaria don't seem to be touching the eggs at all. let's see how they do with the fry themselves. hopefully, the planaria will become a tasty catfish treat.
-Liz

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”