some pics of my 120gal tank *larger pics*

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
BK
My cats species list: 6 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: Wisconsin

some pics of my 120gal tank *larger pics*

Post by BK »

hi,
some pics of my 120 gallon

tank

filter

one of my commons
Dinyar
My articles: 3
My images: 228
My catfish: 10
My cats species list: 3 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 94
Location 1: New York, NY, USA
Interests: Mochokidae, Claroteidae, Bagridae, Malepteruridae, Chacidae, Heteropneustidae, Clariidae, Sisoridae, Loricariiadae

Post by Dinyar »

Can't make out very much about your tank, but the filtration system looks interesting. What kind of filter is that that you are running?

Dinyar
BK

Post by BK »

hi,

Fist off I apologize for the bad pics, my dad took them with a old Polaroid camera and they lost further quality when I scanned them in with my low end scanner.

the tank houses 2 10-12 inch common plecos, common chaestoma, a whiptail, 3 clown plecos, a banjo cat, a columbian rams horn snail, and a bolivian ram cichlid.

its a custom system I built. It has tree intakes in the tank and 4 adjustable outputs and is powered by a cs velocity t4 pump (very quite and helps heat the water so my heater doesn't have to run as much). The first two blue canisters (omni whole house filters $9 at menards/home depot) are used just to collect small gravel/sand so if they get sucked up some how the don't get to the pump. The other 4 blue canisters can run 75micron, 50micron, 20 micron, 10 micron, 5 micron, 1 micron, and carbon cartridges alone or in series. I plan to make some foam cartridges in the near future to. The two white chambers made of 3inch pvc are filled with lava rock chips as a biofiltration media. Every major section has a union so it can be replaced/removed easily. There are a few kinks to the system but it works well over all. :)
BK

Post by BK »

some better pics :)

BK

Post by BK »

any suggestions for getting better pics?
Graeme
Location 2: Newcastle, England

Post by Graeme »

What type of Camera have you got BK?
Sid Guppy
Location 1: Brabant, the Netherlands
Interests: Catfish, Tanganyikan fish, Rock'n'roll, Fantasy

Post by Sid Guppy »

What are those two pink weird things with the two white spots on them???
Plan B should not automatically be twice as much explosives as Plan A
Graeme

Post by Graeme »

I think they are Veggie clips with suckers on them.
BK

Post by BK »

hi,
I have a old polaroid (first pics) and an old 35mm cannon (2nd post pics) that were used to take the pics above. A web cam i used to take the pic in my avitar. I also have a camcorder i would like to use to video record fish and then get them on the computer using an old Snappy (scans video to still images onto computer) i have. The web cam seems to take the best pictures out of the three i have tried.

:) i believe the "pink things" you are refering to are the veggie clips on the front glass. :)
BK

Post by BK »

do you think a pyrex (glass) cassarole dish would work for taking close up pics of small plecos. i would really like to get some good pics of the pleco in my avitar.
Graeme

Post by Graeme »

It might work great for above Pictures of them and maybe angled pic's. But i think for side view pictures the thick rounded glass may spoil the pictures.

Return to “Tank Talk”