5 Gallon bowfront...

Post pictures of your beloved catfish aquaria here. Also good for pictures of your (cat)fish rooms or equipment discussions. If you are posting pictures of identified catfish, please do so in the appropriate husbandry and reproduction forum above.
Cartman
Location 1: MN, USA

5 Gallon bowfront...

Post by Cartman »

OK I have this 5 gallon AGA Acrylic bowfront completely cycled w/ extra fine sand substrate, African Root Wood, A few Java Ferns and a Cocunut w/ Java Moss tied to it sitting fishless in my bedroom. I've been trying to figure out what catfish I could possibly keep and breed in this small of tank. Currently the filtration is a whisper that came w/ the setup, but I do have a couple seeded Sponges w/ pumps in other tanks if I'd need to crank up the O2. My 1st thought was a smaller species cory...but to be honest I'd prefer to go w/ a Loricariid. So are their any suggestions outside of Tiger\Zebra Oto's...I'd prefer something exotic...

TIA

Edit:
Any thoughts on the following...
A pair of Farlowella
A pair of Rhineloricaria
A pair of Sturisomatichthys
How many Corydoras Seussi or Adolfoi I could get away w/?

Thanks

Andy
Last edited by Cartman on 14 Mar 2003, 03:35, edited 2 times in total.
Silurus
I've donated: $12.00!
My articles: 55
My images: 884
My catfish: 1
My cats species list: 90 (i:0, k:0)
Spotted: 419
Location 1: Singapore
Location 2: Moderator Emeritus

Post by Silurus »

The only loricariids small enough to be suitable are hypoptopomines. If not otos, well <i>Parotocinclus</i>, <i>Hypoptopoma</i>, <i>Schizolecis</i>, <i>Microlepidogaster</i> should do fine. Will be a challenge to first find 'em and then breed 'em too.

Return to “Tank Talk”