Cory fever!

All posts regarding the care and breeding of these catfishes from South America.
CoryKeeper
Location 1: Levittown, PA

Cory fever!

Post by CoryKeeper »

After 2 weeks of reading posts here and corresponding with Ian about breeding my sterbai's & ehrhartdi's I just can't get enough cories. Last night at our Local fish meeting I bought a bag of 6 albino aeneus & my friend brought me 6 nice adult c. rabaulti! Now if I can just get all 4 types to breed! They are all in their own 20 gallon tanks by themselves! Waiting for barbatus to come in too! Going to another clubs auction on Saturday to hunt for more cories!
Question: How hard is it to breed c. rubaulti? Any different parameters than sterbai or ehrhartdi?
oneoddfish
My cats species list: 13 (i:0, k:0)
Location 1: detroit,michigan
Interests: large cats-odd balls-I also breed alot of different african cichlid. but my favorite thing is collecting RARE or very hard to obtain fish...

cory nutt's

Post by oneoddfish »

congrat's.you'r talking to one of the best cory guy in the world (Ian)so I'm sure you'r breeding project should go pretty good..You might want to buy his book it's awsome it tell's you step by step how to breed most cory's you'll come across it's the best book I ever read aboutr breeding fish
what's the matter?---cat got you'r tongue.

Jerry L Brown
Coryman
Expert
My articles: 12
My catfish: 5
My cats species list: 83 (i:0, k:0)
My BLogs: 1 (i:0, p:1)
Spotted: 194
Location 1: Kidderminster UK
Location 2: Kidderminster, UK
Interests: Cory's, Loricariids, photography and more Cory's

Post by Coryman »

Both fish below are sold under the Name C. rabauti, which one do you have?
Image C. zygatus is a larger growing species around 70 mm[body length], the diagonal stripe has always got a metalic sheen. If your fish is this one there is a spawning log on it at
http://www.corydoras.pwp.blueyonder.co. ... _log_5.htm

C rabauti has a stripe that has a matt black look [no metalic sheen] and only reaches 55 mm [body length] and has more intence colour.

Ian
CoryKeeper
Location 1: Levittown, PA

Post by CoryKeeper »

They look just like the bottom one. The stripe does have a matt black look with no metalic sheen.
Thanks!

Return to “South American Catfishes (Callichthyidae - Corys et al)”